Torque straps - request

-

Machmeter1

Reaction score
One of my Mopar buddies from Europe made some really nice torque straps. He is going to ship me one piece, but if one of you is interested, he can ship a few more. Please don’t consider this as a sale ad, I am asking on behalf of him if someone would be interested.

The info he provided:
-Variable adjustment
-All bolts (high grade) included. The threads are metric – since all bolts come from Europe.
-Self-locking nuts, except for those for tensioning and locking.
-The bolts for the bracket on the engine block come in two different lengths (both included, look at picture 1)
-The components are all either powder-coated in semi-gloss black or galvanized.
-The rubber buffers are custom milled parts and have good hardness grade.
-All components are well dimensioned
-On cars without the original stabilizer, two holes (Ø10.5mm) have to be drilled into (K-Member)
-Pictures of the torque strap are attached

So far, he tested them on a 71 B-Body with an RB block.

According to his research, it should also fit:
-Mopar V8 Small Block and Big Block (no HEMI):
-1966 - 1972 B-Body (does also, fit on 1963-1965! Please let us know!)
-1970 - 1974 e-body
-1967 - 1974 A-Body (maybe up to 1976)
-65er B-Body possible (in this case a longer bolt and 2 spacer nuts will be added)

Costs for material, labor, and shipping from Europe to the US would add up to $124.50 per piece.

I can ship them within the US for $15.50 (USPS medium flat rate box) or you can pick them up here in Dayton/Ohio.

If you are interested or have questions, please contact me via PM.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

001.jpg

002-Neu.jpg

003-Neu.jpg

004-Neu.jpg

65_B-Body02.jpeg

Looks very nice. I made one like that that sandwiches in between the motor mount and K frame to avoid drilling my stock K. Original '68 OEM motor mounts have stood up to some pretty serious punishment in my 4-speed '68 GTS.

Made one on my 30 min lunch break at work in maintenance shop...works great!!

20210810_190435.jpg

I am interested. Been trying to get a Schumacher one forever and now who knows how long it’ll be before the new place will get them made.

Do you know if it will fit a Hemi Dart? If so, I’m interested.

One of my Mopar buddies from Europe made some really nice torque straps. He is going to ship me one piece, but if one of you is interested, he can ship a few more. Please don’t consider this as a sale ad, I am asking on behalf of him if someone would be interested.

The info he provided:
-Variable adjustment
-All bolts (high grade) included. The threads are metric – since all bolts come from Europe.
-Self-locking nuts, except for those for tensioning and locking.
-The bolts for the bracket on the engine block come in two different lengths (both included, look at picture 1)
-The components are all either powder-coated in semi-gloss black or galvanized.
-The rubber buffers are custom milled parts and have good hardness grade.
-All components are well dimensioned
-On cars without the original stabilizer, two holes (Ø10.5mm) have to be drilled into (K-Member)
-Pictures of the torque strap are attached

So far, he tested them on a 71 B-Body with an RB block.

According to his research, it should also fit:
-Mopar V8 Small Block and Big Block (no HEMI):
-1966 - 1972 B-Body (does also, fit on 1963-1965! Please let us know!)
-1970 - 1974 e-body
-1967 - 1974 A-Body (maybe up to 1976)
-65er B-Body possible (in this case a longer bolt and 2 spacer nuts will be added)

Costs for material, labor, and shipping from Europe to the US would add up to $124.50 per piece.

I can ship them within the US for $15.50 (USPS medium flat rate box) or you can pick them up here in Dayton/Ohio.

If you are interested or have questions, please contact me via PM.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

View attachment 1715778941

View attachment 1715778942

View attachment 1715778943

View attachment 1715778944

View attachment 1715778945

all the schumachers are basically the same, shaft length and hole placement are the differences. i used a B-body one on my valiant with no problem
DSC01538.JPG

Hi,

I am Wolfgang's buddy who makes these torque straps from Germany :)

To my knowledge, Hemi does NOT fit because of the big heads and the different motor mount?!?
But I never had a own Hemi and do not have the experience as user "kursplat" - where it seems to fit.
My tensioning element - shaft lenght is approx. 20mm shorter than the schumacher.

Kind regards
Christoph

Hi Christoph, thanks for sharing that I do. I’ll wait until the engine is in an look at options. I appreciate your feedback.

Hi,

To my knowledge, Hemi does NOT fit because of the big heads and the different motor mount?!?
But I never had a own Hemi and do not have the experience as user "kursplat" - where it seems to fit.
My tensioning element - shaft lenght is approx. 20mm shorter than the schumacher.

Kind regards
Christoph

Hi,

Kind regards
Christoph
welcome. unfortunately i've never owned a hemi either :(. i was just suggesting this type of strap is easily modified if someone has the tools. yours is a good looking piece :thumbsup:
do you have any chrysler cars?

welcome. unfortunately i've never owned a hemi either :(. i was just suggesting this type of strap is easily modified if someone has the tools. yours is a good looking piece :thumbsup:
do you have any chrysler cars?

I "just" have one 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner that i bought 11 years ago when I was 21 years old and without any knowledge about US-Cars.
Fortunately not worst equipped:
Stock 383 but now with a 440.
Stock 4 speed and 8 3/4" 3.55

00000-Plym-800x600.jpg

-
Back