Torquer 2 intake swap

-

72Dart360

Reaction score
I changed from running an Performer RPM to a Torquer 2 and went slower at the track. 12.07 to 12.34. Will running a single plane require re-jetting the carb, different timing?

I changed from running an Performer RPM to a Torquer 2 and went slower at the track. 12.07 to 12.34. Will running a single plane require re-jetting the carb, different timing?

it should require more jetting - but it all depends on the engine combo -and how high you are spinning it - single planes for the most part need higher rpms to get the most out of them. your performer RPM is a good manifold to 6000 - I personally think beyond 6000 it falls off and your torquer would start to pick up the slack - so it depends how long your engine spends above 6000rpm. As for the low end - you likely lost some bottom end torque that you had with the RPM - thus reflected in your time slip.
How did the mph compare?

It would be interesting to try adding a 1" 4 hole spacer under the carb. This should restore some of the low-end torque.

Currently are, its a plastic 1" 4 hole from TransDapt. I had it on the old setup as well. I wonder if going higher say a 2 or 3" would be beneficial.

1 change at a time !
It's the only way to judge anything.

Am I wasting my time with the Torquer 2? Should I go back to the RPM? Would the Torquer be better on a stroker? Just dont want to make costly mistakes that others might have already learned.

I have a Torquer 2, hanging on the wall in the garage. A Wiend accelator is on the car.

My torq II runs fine 1.66 60', 12.22 ET, 109mph, 360 stock stroke, home ported j's,750 holley, 520 540 lift 244/252 @.050 comp solid, tti's, 727, 3.91 with 26" slicks, 3460 weight with me in it, That was the only time out at track and was running FAT this is a 99% street car. Make sure you block off the heat crossover with steel shim, the gasket with blockoffs will burn through. Do you have a hi stall? not 2800 to 3200 hi, 3500rpm + thats where a single plane shines.

I ran the torker 2 for a couple of years but I didnt like all the extra holes.I put on a victor 340 and the car went 3 tenths quicker with the same carb,jetting,timing.Also both intakes were port matched to eddie heads and the victor is not as tall so I put a spacer to make it equal.

port intake 005.jpg

I ran the torker 2 for a couple of years but I didnt like all the extra holes.I put on a victor 340 and the car went 3 tenths quicker with the same carb,jetting,timing.Also both intakes were port matched to eddie heads and the victor is not as tall so I put a spacer to make it equal.

That looks great but what does it actualy do and would a single plane M1 benefit from this?

That looks great but what does it actualy do and would a single plane M1 benefit from this?

You mean the hoses on the intake running rear to front?

That would be for extra cooling. Removing coolent from the head.
That is the easiest spot to plumb for. An M-1 single plane can have this done.

Best spot to take coolent is the center where the two exhaust valves are closest.

Did your 60' ft change??? You lost some bottom end torque with the swap slowing your 60' but keeping your mph the same...It should be pulling hard at top end...

Bob

You mean the hoses on the intake running rear to front?

That would be for extra cooling. Removing coolent from the head.
That is the easiest spot to plumb for. An M-1 single plane can have this done.

Best spot to take coolent is the center where the two exhaust valves are closest.

What would you charge to set my M1 up like that?

Best bet is to bring it to a machincest and have it done. To tap the rear of the intake is basicly drilling a hole and tapping it for the AN fittings.

For the center of the head, it would be no different except the head would also have to be tapped for that.

The spot in between the exh ports is on the header flange area, and IIRC it's taken out or the block just below the heads. Otherwise it's the rear of the intake port. The coolant flows in from the front opf the block, so by pulling even a smaller amount from teh rear of the heads, you induce more even flow accross the whole cooling jacket. On a street car I wouldnt even worry about it.

-
Back