Torsion Bar floor pan contact

-

72BlueSwinger

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I did a search and didn't come up with the answer I needed, so here goes.

When I got this car, the driver's side frontend had been swapped to bbp disc brakes, but everything wasn't bolted back up percectly, so when I went to move it, I had to reinstall the torsion bar. So.. no matter how I turned it, it still made contact with the floor pan, right about where the firewall begins to curve upward. Its probably like a 3 or 4 inch long contact patch. I know this isn't right, but don't know how to remedy it right off hand.
BTW...I'm sure that it is for the driver's side, and I'm sure its correct front to back. I did loosen the adjustment bolt in order to get the bar back into the "cup", but I tightened it up the same amount of turns that I loosened it. So what gives? Thanks in advance for help and info.

Contact with the floor pan does not sound good. I know on my early A there is know issue with clearance. If the other side is on and looks good I would use that to use as a guide to see what is different. Is the floor pan original?

Floor pan is original, but the passenger side was still drums until today when I took the suspension off to switch it to the '74 disc setup. I can't put the disc setup on until I get a rebuild kit with new bushings, so its going to be apart for a week or so at least.

-
Back