Torsion Bar Ride Height Adjuster Troubles pt 2

-

Dingos Garage

Reaction score
I previously made a post describing how in an attempt to repair a broken rear torsion bar mount by welding in a auto rust frame cap , the bar was twisted up in its socket, and the ride height adjuster perch was too high
(Torsion Bar Ride Height Adjuster troubles)

in the process of disassembling the front suspension to remove the LCA, on a hunch from my friend, we loosened a seemingly incongruous bolt near the k member
IMG_3718.jpg

which loosened the ride height adjuster perch and we could move it back to the height that seemed stock based on the other, unaffected torsion bar on the other side of the vehicle.
IMG_3714.jpg

compare this to before we were able to move it
IMG_3380.jpg

my question is, that now that the torsion bar seems to be no longer twisted, can I weld the kit in and bolt the front suspension back together or is further disassembly nessecary? Thanks so much.

You need to make sure your indexing is correct. The position showed looks to be a flat off. The adjuster arm should have some down angle to it unloaded. Unload the other side and compare the angles. The nut you loosened is the LCA stub shaft nut which will hold some preload on the LCA if your bushings are good. I usually tighten those nuts after the car is at ride height.

-
Back