torsion bar #s

-

rusty

Reaction score
I did a search but didn't find much,so I'll ask.I am parting out the 73 scamp and pulled the entire front susp today the torsion bars have numbers 893 and 892 on them and mic at about .875-.880 the ones in my 69 have 890 and 891 on them and mic at .850.Planning on putting the ones out of the scamp in the dart,how do they clock and what are they?Thanks in advance,Todd

The smaller ones are a slant 6 with A/C or a 318 w/o A/C.
The bigger ones are a 318 with A/C or a 340/360 bars.
You should also know that with a set of 1" bars and a set of Bilstein shocks, you can make these car handle. Also the 1" (200) bars will have just about twice the spring rate as the .850" (110) bars and just under twice with the .870" (120) bars.

The smaller ones are a slant 6 with A/C or a 318 w/o A/C.
The bigger ones are a 318 with A/C or a 340/360 bars.
You should also know that with a set of 1" bars and a set of Bilstein shocks, you can make these car handle.

Thanks,I will probably use the 340 bars for now,try to save alittle till I get the car a little closer to the road

Just be on the look out for deals, you might find the 1" bars on sale for a good deal!
Don't forget to rebuild your front end

Just make sure you get the left bar on the driver's side and the right bar on the passenger side. They are marked R and L. Left bar clocks at 2 and right bar clocks at 10. Face the end of bars with all numbers to rear.

Just make sure you get the left bar on the driver's side and the right bar on the passenger side. They are marked R and L. Left bar clocks at 2 and right bar clocks at 10. Face the end of bars with all numbers to rear.

Problem is with both sets of bars they have numbers on both ends.my 69 had the part #s 890& 891 to the front the scamp had one in backwards.I asume by the condition of the rest of the frontend that it hadn't been touched.So which numbers go to the rear? Also the clock mark are different end to end ,clock from the rear?here is a pic of one bar
tbar1.jpg

tbar2.jpg

-
Back