Torsion bars best place to buy?

-

Cruisingram

Reaction score
I want to buy torsion bars, the .87 ish size for the small block, don't want to get super heavy duty ones, just a bit stronger than I have, the smallest of the small block torsion bars.

Where is the best place to get a set? Everywhere I look wants to basically sell me BB torsion bars! Those 1.03 ones.

I want to buy torsion bars, the .87 ish size for the small block, don't want to get super heavy duty ones, just a bit stronger than I have, the smallest of the small block torsion bars.

Where is the best place to get a set? Everywhere I look wants to basically sell me BB torsion bars! Those 1.03 ones.
What is your aversion to the 1.03 bars? I replaced my OE 340 bars with 1.03's and it provided a much better feel to the front end.

What is your aversion to the 1.03 bars? I replaced my OE 340 bars with 1.03's and it provided a much better feel to the front end.

My wife wants a smoother ride, don't want it to be so stiff on Hawaii roads. My experience with BB torsion bars in even a SB car was the ride was a bit hard. Yours differ?

The weight of a SB on the front vs the 225 is a large difference IIRC? Almost 100 pounds IIRC? And considering where it is placed, isn't that significant?

1.03” bars should not provide a harsh ride as long as they’re paired with a good set of shocks. Update your alignment to the specs in the SKOSH chart if you’re running radials and you should have a car that both handles and rides better than factory.

1.03” bars should not provide a harsh ride as long as they’re paired with a good set of shocks. Update your alignment to the specs in the SKOSH chart if you’re running radials and you should have a car that both handles and rides better than factory.
Well, I am wanting to "lift" it a bit, and adding at least one, maybe two springs to the current springs I just replaced on it- I put a hole in the oil pan on our road, part of the reason I am also upgrading to 15s from 13s. Lava roads have interesting issues. I may go ahead and get the 1.03, and see how that goes. Where is the SKOSH chart?

CD48D046-39D3-45BC-85DB-53D0E863DDA0.jpeg

My wife wants a smoother ride, don't want it to be so stiff on Hawaii roads. My experience with BB torsion bars in even a SB car was the ride was a bit hard. Yours differ?

yea?? we are running 1" bars from just suspension in our 70 small block dart. even have crappy KYB shocks still on it and no way would i consider it a "hard" ride. hell i'd like to go larger bard..:)

yea?? we are running 1" bars from just suspension in our 70 small block dart. even have crappy KYB shocks still on it and no way would i consider it a "hard" ride. hell i'd like to go larger bard..:)

Yeah I replaced a set of 1" bars on my Duster, with the Monroe replacement shocks those things were still really soft. Obviously the 1.12"bars I run now are at the other end of the spectrum and I wouldn't recommend those for everybody, but with the Hotchkiss Fox shocks I run they're still not a harsh ride. Not really that different than the ride quality you get with most modern performance cars.

-
Back