Torsion bars, shocks and sway bars???

-

73moparman

Reaction score
I am currently working on a 1973 plymouth duster 340, 727. It currently has oil shocks factory torsion bars and no sway bars. What are your FABO professional opinions on each of these topics. Which products are solid and good quality products? I want it to be street ready after im done...

What are you wanting to do with the car? That will pretty much tell you what parts you need.

just suspension 1.0 torsion bars. or bigger

hellwig sway bars, front & rear 1 1/8" front 3/4" rear

billstein RCD shocks.

upgrade to 11 3/4" factory rotors.

id use a good quality front end rebuild kit, or source all the parts from rockauto, using moog.

upgrade to a 17 inch tire/rim combo. 15's are about worthless now days.

just suspension 1.0 torsion bars. or bigger

hellwig sway bars, front & rear 1 1/8" front 3/4" rear

billstein RCD shocks.

upgrade to 11 3/4" factory rotors.

id use a good quality front end rebuild kit, or source all the parts from rockauto, using moog.

upgrade to a 17 inch tire/rim combo. 15's are about worthless now days.
Ok thanks this is somewhere to start! 17's will fit on my duster??

I got a front-end kit and sway bar from PST. Rear leafspring relocation kit (can't remember where I got it), New bigger bars up front, and adjustable pinion snuber on the rear end. Works good for going out and having some fun.

Factory 340 suspension (.870 bars, 6 leaf springs), Addco or used factory front sway bar, KYB shocks and a good front suspension rebuild. Cheap, simple, and adequate for a cruiser. You could certainly upgrade from there, but the factory HD setup was pretty good by early 70's standards, and at least adequate today.

It should already have a sway bar IF it is an original 340 car. I like bigger torsion bars, but the stock 340 suspension is fine with good shocks.

-
Back