Totalled my Plymouth Valiant today

-

75Brougham

75Brougham
Reaction score
Sad day for my Mopar. Guy pulled out in front of me and I hit him at about 40mph. The whole front end is crushed, the front doors don't open. Had to climb out the back. Luckily both the guy I hit and myself are okay, not a scratch on us. His car is totalled too, but mine got the worse of it. I had the car for about a year now but I loved it more than anything. On the hunt now for a new daily driver, hopefully another Mopar if I get lucky enough. Or a cheap daily until I can afford another REAL car. Anyone got a 66 Charger for cheap? LOL

Wow man. I couldn't imagine that happening to my car. The big thing is that your ok though and that's always pretty amazing in these old girls.

Glad to hear that both of you are doing ok, but sorry for the loss of your car. I hope you find another one that you enjoy as much.

Glad you are OK. There is a guy selling a 66 or 67 charger on FABO. Saw the thread tonight!

Make sure you use your insured value(hopfully you have like Haggerty or the like) and sick them on that morons insurance. Glad your ok too.

First off glad your okay that's what's most important.

If your interested in another A-body let me know I have a '74 Duster that is a little sweetheart.

glad to hear your OK

maybe this is the universe's way to tell you to get a 2 door A body ?

sorry to hear about your accident. I'm happy to hear everyone walked away. but extremely sad to hear about your car. I could only imagine what I would have done in your situation.

Reminds me of an accident about 10 years ago. I was sitting at a stoplight waiting to turn. Waiting to turn my direction, was this this kid in a sporty looking 2 door lexus. You could tell this kid was proud of his car. It had a body kit, fancy wheels and a nice pearl white paint job. When he saw the Duster, he reved his engine a few times, so I gave him one back. lol I remember making a joke to my buddy about fwd cars always reving their engines when they aren't going the same direction. Anyhow, I guess his car was RWD, because he tried drifting the corner and lost control!!!!

All I remember was at one point, he's a mess behind the wheel and his car is headed right towards mine. So I'm like aw ****, hold on. About that time, He over corrects and his car fishtails the other direction, right about the time his tires find traction and launch him right into an electric pole.

It was that moment when I realized that we are never safe from other people in these old cars.

if you were close to Alabama I have a great 76 4 dr body you could have for $250.00

Nahum 2;4

The chariots storm through the streets,rushing back and forth through the squares.
They look like flaming torches,they dart about the lightning.

Again, I'm glad your okay, and able to get yourself another Moper.:blob:

Distracted driver ? was the Guy playing with his phone ?

Any insurance company would have totaled it with a bent bumper, pretty much. Glad you are ok. I'll tell you though, you will be hard pressed to prove fault since your car has front end damage. Even if the other guy "pulled out in front of you" the insurance company's position will be "you should have seen him in time enough to stop". I wish you the best with it.

-
Back