towing questions

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
idk where this should go so move it if you need to lol.

i am driving my power wagon now. its a 75 with the 360 auto auto locking hubs so i could be full time 4x4. its a short bed with no lift (yet) lol. i need to do some towing and wonderin how this truck will do? i gotta put the wiring in for the trailer and the receiver. i dont wanna do all that if it wont be a good hauler. i would put the scamp on a full trailer but i think that or maby a rock crawler would be the biggest things on a trailer so not crazy. what could i do to make it better for towing?? i am thinking about goin manual and 5 speed for od so that would help on mileage at least lol. 9 mpgs are gettin annoying

i would suggest a weight equalizer hitch on the truck/trailer. make sure the brakes on the truck are good, put a brake controller in the truck.

i would suggest a weight equalizer hitch on the truck/trailer. make sure the brakes on the truck are good, put a brake controller in the truck.

The equalizing hitch is the best bet on a half ton platform. Oil cooler and tranny cooler on the auto would be a safe bet.

ok a weight equilizer?? i have probably seen one and not known it lol and how would i instal trailer breaks?? thanks guys i will for sure be putting on coolers to keep it cool any newer trucks or cars i could pull a oil cooler off?? like maby one that goes behind the filter?

the first link is the set up i have. just go to drawtites web site, they expalin what it does. when you get a car trailer just make sure it has brakes on it. the brake controller is for a trailer that does not use surge brakes, it is for a trailer that has electric brakes. it ties into the brake light wiring of your truck. it allows you to control how much trailer brake is being used, kind of like a proportioning valve. light trailer load needs very little brake, heavy would need more....
http://www.hitchesforless.com/roundbar_WD_hitch.htm
http://www.hitchesforless.com/brake_controllers.htm
the second link is brake controllers...

sweet thanks so the equilizer is kinda like a sway bar between your truck and the trailer thats cool. i wont have my own trailer but maby one will be easy to remove and install

-
Back