Not open for further replies.

66fs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a factory Thermo-Quad cast iron intake manifold with 318 ports. I already have intakes with the larger 340/360 intake ports. Price shipped to 29649. Thanks FABO.

Cop cars and trucks only....or Mexican 318's had a 270hp version....4bbl...

I got one on my Smoggerteen, Very snappy down low, on the ol' 8/1 turd. Way nicer than the AVS/340 intake it replaced. It already had a 2800TC and headers on it, and you'd never know it was the same engine.

I'll post numbers

Last edited by a moderator:
My combo was real snappy with that intake as the only non-factory bolt-on,besides headers.
Well I did put some valve springs on her to coax her out to 5500 ,
or , occasionally,more,lol.
It was even snappy in the pick-up, with either 3.55s or more often,3.23s.

But for that amount of green, you might as well run one of the big-ports you already have, or an aluminum one. I might sell you mine but shipping would be killer. Google says 2600km between us; or 1600 miles, plus a border crossing.

Then I also find that is is listed as a 318 intake, so who da hell knows? Maybe that's the correct intake for the E58. Could be they wanted the small ports to keep velocity up.

That number comes up as the E58 360 intake manifold. As such, it should have the large ports.

He measured them and said they measured 1" x 2" so that would make it 340/360 ports. I know they used that intake on 318's also, as is, with the large ports. Maybe I'll just use one of my early manifolds, no EGR, and keep my eyes open for one of the truck manifolds like Kim said. Thanks to All!

He measured them and said they measured 1" x 2" so that would make it 340/360 ports. I know they used that intake on 318's also, as is, with the large ports. Maybe I'll just use one of my early manifolds, no EGR, and keep my eyes open for one of the truck manifolds like Kim said. Thanks to All!

Chrysler was funny about stuff like this, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same casting number with both port sizes. Especially since the casting number comes up for both the 318 and 360 engines. It could be a dash thing. I found that casting number with no dashes and also with a dash 3. So there could have been some with the small port.

The dash indicates what is the number of times the casting has been used

Yes it does, but it can also represent differences in castings as well.

Hay @toolmanmike when you get time, why not break this thread off into a discussion in the forum instead of here in the wanted section? You've cleaned it up once, but it would be a good discussion elsewhere and might keep it off here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back