Tracking USPS Signature Delivery mail- WTF???

-
I’m still waiting on that crossmember that Rani sent me about 6 years ago. I’m sure it’s somewhere in Texas!

I’ve been waiting since 2008 for a few parcels at the Canada/USA border. They told me it’s in a container waiting to be filled up. Still nothing. I’m not holding my breath. Kim

In the last 6 weeks I have sent a package via USPS to flagstaff via Phoenix from Omaha. should be a straight shot,,,, eight days to flag.USPS said 2-3 days.
second time a package to Mesa arizona,,,,again 8 business days.They said 2-3 days
Third time we took it to fed ex. They delivered the morning of the third day.
My son heard thru the grapevine thru his employer that the USPS has an agreement with Amazon, giving them preference in shipping over the general public.. and if any employee speaks out, their job could come into question.
When I asked the lady at the counter that, I got a very nervous denial.

Every one on here is bitchin. I'll give an attaboy. Awhile back I ordered a bunch of slant six OEM head gaskets from a vendor in New Zealand. They arrived in great condition about 7 days after ordering by DHL. I really thought it would take several weeks considering the distance, and customs.

My son heard thru the grapevine thru his employer that the USPS has an agreement with Amazon, giving them preference in shipping over the general public.. and if any employee speaks out, their job could come into question.
When I asked the lady at the counter that, I got a very nervous denial.
Because it's true, the post office even delivers for Amazon on Sundays. Amazon also does a ton of government contract work with web servers. So of course a government agency is gonna help a government contractor before helping a citizen

The post office also delivers for UPS
Also FedEx and DHL.
All are true.
In theory, 1st class, priority and express letter mail has priority over Amazon. Except on Sunday's.
Sundays is to be Amazon only as no mail was delivered on a Sunday anyway.
So, in reality the tracking offered is mainly smoke and mirrors to "let them eat cake"?

BTW what does APC stand for?
I wouldn't call it smoke and mirrors, it's more of a case you actually see more info than you need to. Because you don't understand the logistics of how mail is processed, it seems like your letter/package is going for a tour of the country, when that's not actually the case.
APC is an "all purpose cart". Its this big cage looking thing that you can put thousands of letters in, or a couple hundred small parcels. They have bar codes on them, and when mail is sorted, it's scanned into that APC, the letter or parcel doesn't get touched again afterwards, and all tracking is done off of the APC barcode. When the APC shows up at a plant or processing facility, the APC is emptied into smaller carts.
The APC is reloaded and off it goes to it's next destination. In the meantime, your letter or parcel is still waiting to be processed to a post office and still has the previous APC tracking attached to it.
This is why you see crazy tracking of a letter that tracking shows it goes back and forth or across country then all of a sudden it comes up as out for delivery.
Does stuff go missing? Oh hell yeah! The biggest reason is people don't package things well. If you put a 20lb part into a box, don't pack it well, and when it takes a 40' tumble off of a conveyor, it's going to bust. If not then, it will when the next 20lb box falls on top of it. They process something like 20 million pieces of mail and parcels a day. They loose 100,000 pieces of mail, that's less than .05% of the total mail handled. Seems like a huge number on it's face, but it's actually pretty damn impressive. Doesn't make you feel any better when it's your piece in that 100,000.

I wouldn't call it smoke and mirrors, it's more of a case you actually see more info than you need to. Because you don't understand the logistics of how mail is processed,
But it's marketed that you can track your letter/item during and to its destination. when if I understand your sharing here we can only track an APC that contained our letter at least at one time while our letter maybe somewhere else taking its own route to the destination where its retracked on its final delivery?

That constitutes smoke and mirrors in my book, maybe bait and switch?

But it's marketed that you can track your letter/item during and to its destination. when if I understand your sharing here we can only track an APC that contained our letter at least at one time while our letter maybe somewhere else taking its own route to the destination where its retracked on its final delivery?

That constitutes smoke and mirrors in my book, maybe bait and switch?
No not really, there is no requirement to provide tracking and the fine print clearly states that tracking is only an estimate.

Got some great news this morning when I checked the tracking:

3.JPG

I shot the seller a text, telling him to keep his eyes peeled for the postal carrier.

Got my fingers crossed here.....

Jim

(Edit: The Seller went over to his post office yesterday and spoke with them, and they confirmed that this letter did in fact go to Hawaii for some strange reason. Thankfully he's been very patient and understanding throughout all of this.)

Last edited:
Recently I have noticed that USPS tracking just says something like "departed the facility on it's way to the next facility". They have quit including actual location information on their tracking pages. I have had to pay fines because USPS took 3 months to get government documents to me, received just address labels in a plastic bag with a "Were sorry" sticker and empty boxes. I'm old and retired now but I guess they must all have Harvard educations!

(Edit: The Seller went over to his post office yesterday and spoke with them, and they confirmed that this letter did in fact go to Hawaii for some strange reason. Thankfully he's been very patient and understanding throughout all of this.)
That is odd, because my last go around tracking saga, my local PO could only confirm that the tracking info I received is what they can see, not that it was actually correct.
They suggested that could only be achieved by directly contacting the facility, in your case, in Hawaii to confirm, which in my past experience trying to do on the phone, is nearly impossible, I suspect also by design.

You are fortunate your addressee is so accommodating, many are not.

USPS are phucking stupid as hell...double,triple handling work...they will hire anybody...just look at who works there now...smh...you know exactly what I'm talking about....It used to be a prestigious job...my father retired from there...they brought in a batch of hard headed ..... women and the law suits began....nobody being held accountable for there actions

:rofl:

I just received a text from the Seller saying the Cashier's Check has been deposited (same bank, so it's already "cleared"!), and he's sending me the Title overnight.

But he used FedEx Overnight, NOT the USPS! :lol:

Jim

Last edited:
Another reason why they been in the Red for 30
Years - bunch of Morons running the show !!!

:rofl:

I just received a text from the Seller saying the Cashier's Check has been deposited (same bank, so it's already "cleared"!), and he's sending me the Title overnight.

But he used FedEx Overnight, NOT the USPS! :lol:

Jim
Just a FYI. You could have gone to your local branch of the same bank, and made a cash deposit into his account. No chance of the check getting misdirected. I have done this. Actually the depositor does not even need to have an account at the bank.

-
Back