Traction bars or clamp leaf springs

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
70 Dodge Dart
If I clamp the leaf springs will that be the same as traction’s n bars??

70 Dodge Dart
If I clamp the leaf springs will that be the same as traction’s n bars??
nope. Do both and clamp the front side of the leafs and take the straps around the back of the leaf off. Set the traction bar snubber about 1/2 -3/4 inch away from the eye of the front leaf bolt for street use. And before you get scolded by others, I'll tell you traction bars do work on older Mopars....

What kind of leaf springs?

It’s been my experience, if your pinion angle is correct and the front of the spring is clamped you shouldn’t have a need for traction bars !

It’s been my experience, if your pinion angle is correct and the front of the spring is clamped you shouldn’t have a need for traction bars !

I really wanted them for the old school
Look I found a chrome pair for 70 bucks

That's correct, because the front segment is so short, it acts as its own traction bar. Especially true with the SS springs.

I really wanted them for the old school
Look I found a chrome pair for 70 bucks

Then get them. Plenty of people use them on Mopars and plenty of people admonish them for doing it......but they will work on a Mopar just like any other leaf spring car.

There was a set of old Lakewoods on my 340 Swinger when I got it and I used them just for the old school look .

-
Back