TRACTION BARS

-
I hear a lot of conflicting arguments debating if they work or don't work... In the end its your car and if you aren't racing it to WIN every weekend and just want a badass cruiser, then add all the eye candy you want to make you happy. The right car for you is the one that you park in the back of the grocery store parking lot and then can't resist looking back at it 2 or 3 times before going in the store. That feeling is something that no one can take from you

Me personally, one of my favorite movie cars ever is the Charger from the movie "Blade"... set up with a rake, street meats in the back, and traction bars...

Look at the rear tire on that beast- wadded up like a funny car. No freakin way those are “stock” repop tires. I’d like to know more......

673AB43B-B123-4B41-9C14-512B76EE7323.jpeg

F.A.S.T. series you run repops of the exact tires your came factory with. These guys use lots of suspension tricks, half wore out tires, and play with tire pressures. One guy has a 69 hemi road runner that runs 9s at 138mph. These cars outwardly appear stock, and are required to run date coded engine part castings where they can be seen. The road runner has a hidden electronic ignition, and the engine is bored and stroked to 528 inches I believe. CNC ported cylinder heads, extrude honed exhaust manifolds and more.

F.A.S.T. series you run repops of the exact tires your came factory with. These guys use lots of suspension tricks, half wore out tires, and play with tire pressures. One guy has a 69 hemi road runner that runs 9s at 138mph. These cars outwardly appear stock, and are required to run date coded engine part castings where they can be seen. The road runner has a hidden electronic ignition, and the engine is bored and stroked to 528 inches I believe. CNC ported cylinder heads, extrude honed exhaust manifolds and more.

Then they have to run through manifolds, right? That makes it pretty exciting.

Car must outwardly appear completely stock. No frame connectors either. Once you break into the 9s, you are required to run a rollbar like any other class. Heres pix of a 68 Hemi Super Bee Dave Dudek built and runs. 528 Hemi. Runs thru extrude honed stock date correct cast iron exhaust manifolds. Car hooked so hard he bent the rear springs that's why its *** sags in the pic. This is a bonafide 9 second car. Check out the 6 point roll cage

1968-dodge-super-bee-profile.jpg

1968-dodge-super-bee-on-the-road.jpg

1968-dodge-super-bee-interior.jpg

1968-dodge-super-bee-on-the-road-rear.jpg

1968-dodge-super-bee-wheel.jpg

1968-dodge-super-bee-hemi.jpg

Last edited:
Car must outwardly appear stock. Once you break into the 9s, you are required to run a rollbar like any other class. Heres pix of a 68 hemi super bee Dave Dudek runs. 528 Hemi. Runs thru extrude honed stock cast iron manifolds. Car hooked so hard he bent the rear springs that's why its *** sags in the pic. This is a 9 second car. Check out the roll cage

View attachment 1715745510

View attachment 1715745511

View attachment 1715745512

View attachment 1715745513

View attachment 1715745514

View attachment 1715745515

Yeah I've read a little about that car.

there is some crazy voodoo **** going on with FAST cars.. its crazy some of they things they are doing.

Properly set up, should they almost reach the eye? Putting pressure on the leaf seems what they are designed to prevent. Snubber was just a factory effort to control this "in house" without those extra things hanging from the suspension.
Properly set up the bumper should push right on the front eye of the leaf spring. Too far forward does nothing and to far back puts pressure on the leaf itself and not pushing against the body to drive the axle down to plant the tires. That process is exactly what a pinion snubber does except the pinion snubber presses against floor pan vs. the spring eye.

-
Back