Trade my 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport for ....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DroVal

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
NO LONGER FOR TRADE. Sorry, I don't know how to edit the title to let people know.

I have given it some thought and with my financial situation being the way it is, prolly best for me to stick with what I have. I eventually want to have a Valiant or some other A Body, but I want my camping vehicle as well. Thanks again everyone.

DroVal

Very important info left out.
Is it a 4x4? Or two wheel drive?

how many miles on the speedo?

What does the oil pressure read at idle and at rpm?

Does the 4x4 work and if so does it come out of 4wd on the fly without having to back up and without a loud BANG?

By the sounds of it the jeep needs some TLC.

The door locks can be fixed easily with aftermarket actuators.

The windows can be fixed easily,from a modification to the drivers window switch because the safety lock out switch button function is faulty.
You just put a jumper wire between two wires behind the drivers window switch, very easy fix.
Www.cherokeeforum.com has a lot of good info for these simple fixes.
Sorry, I forget which wires at the moment but easy find on line.

Good luck.
I love these Jeeps as I also have a 99 sport 4x4 and it's just as much fun to drive as my barracuda, seriously I love that punchy, little, bastard.

Thanks for the reply Cudaspaz. I added some of the info you asked for and will check out the window info as well. I have used that site before actually. It was my goto site for info when my sister owned it.

I've got the same model, 99 4.0, 2WD,limited slip 8 1/4 diff,....150 thou on the clock,...Its my volenteer Fire dept rig, starts and runs like a raped ape, no matter what time of day or night. If I could buy a new one tomorrow, I would,...If yours was a 5 speed like mine and we were closer, I'd be beatin on your door about an hour ago...

Thanks for the reply Cudaspaz. I added some of the info you asked for and will check out the window info as well. I have used that site before actually. It was my goto site for info when my sister owned it.

Yeah man,

That cherokeeforum is pretty much the FABO of jeep sites, well, in my opinion anyways.
For the most part there are a few guys that will help,you out with some good info right off the bat but it helps to do a search and try to find the info on your own to keep from frustrating guys who are tired of the same old questions.

Dude you can fix those windows in less than an hour and the door actuators take about 20 minutes for the first one and about ten minutes for every one after that....easy squeezy.
My 99 has 247,000 miles on it and it still runs like a scalded cat, and boy does it piss off BMWs,when I pull away from them at red lights,...ha,ha...yuppy bastards, take that.
I know one day I'm gonna throw a rod or grenade my oil pump, but it was cheap and the temptation is too great not to show people who's the boss...ha,ha, I'm such a jerk.

Here's some pics. I couldn't fit them all in at once, so more to come.

Attachments

• P1010854.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P1010855.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 191
  • P1010856.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 185
  • P1010858.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 181
  • P1010857.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 186
I really do like the Jeep, but I am going through some serious Valiant withdrawls right now, haha. I would have to say that the 60-62 Valiant or Valiant wagons are my favorite, but just about any old Mopar would do me.

Here's a few more

Attachments

• P1010866.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010860.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 174
  • P1010864.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 175
  • P1010863.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 183
  • P1010861.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 185
Took these 2 while it was running since you asked about the oil pressure.

Attachments

• P1010875.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 181
  • P1010877.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 183
Some of the underside. It was hot out so not the best, but can get more if anyone wants.

Attachments

• P1010881.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 181
  • P1010879.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010878.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 168
I can more pics if there is something specific anyone wants to see, just holler.

Attachments

• P1010883.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010884.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 167
  • P1010885.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 186
  • P1010886.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 175
Looks like it has 1" budget boost blocks on the rear perches.

Are there plastic coil spacers above the front springs for some lift?

Sadly I didn't even notice those blocks being there. I will have to go check out the front end and see if there are spacers on the front. Thanks for pointing that out!

Can you tell what rearend that is by the picture Cudaspaz? I tried to figure that out last night, but it is a little to dirty for me to tell. Could be either the D35 or the C8.25 if I remember right from what I looked up.

Can you tell what rearend that is by the picture Cudaspaz? I tried to figure that out last night, but it is a little to dirty for me to tell. Could be either the D35 or the C8.25 if I remember right from what I looked up.

You can determine your axle type,if it is an 8.25 it will have 3" axle tubes and the carrier housing will be squared off on the bottom,not the diff cover itself,but the carrier housing.
From the pics it appears to be the Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back