[WANTED] Trailer hitch for a 1966 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances are you will to have one constructed for your 66. I would have a frame style hitch constructed and installed rather than a flimsy bumper hitch.

Tht has two bolts in existing holes in the bumper and then two tabs that mount on a strap like a t in the bottom of the tire well. At least on my 74. Really kind of skimpy. I sure would not put to much tonge weight on it if it helps.

I have one. It's not a frame hitch, but a bumper hitch. It uses two bolts at the license plate location and two through the spare tire well. I removed it from my old '66 Barracuda 35 years ago. I'll take $25 plus shipping. I can get some pics tomorrow.

I have one. It's not a frame hitch, but a bumper hitch. It uses two bolts at the license plate location and two through the spare tire well. I removed it from my old '66 Barracuda 35 years ago. I'll take $25 plus shipping. I can get some pics tomorrow.
I had this one on my 67 dart, and I hauled all sorts of really heavy stuff. it worked fine. If you are concerned find a local welder to add a cross bar to the frames and connect it to the point where it bolts to the tire well.

I had this one on my 67 dart, and I hauled all sorts of really heavy stuff. it worked fine. If you are concerned find a local welder to add a cross bar to the frames and connect it to the point where it bolts to the tire well.

Not a bad idea. One other thing about these. They are model specific. I have used this one on a '66 Dart and (gasp) on my '68 GTS. It did not quite fit those quite properly.

Not a bad idea. One other thing about these. They are model specific. I have used this one on a '66 Dart and (gasp) on my '68 GTS. It did not quite fit those quite properly.

Yes because it mounts to your bumper, so different years are different.

Unfortunately, I need to add a trailer hitch to my Barracuda and have had no luck finding one locally or on-line. Bolt on preferred if possible. Thanks.
I have one also. It came off from a 65 Valiant.
Brent
928 651 0264

Back in the '70RR days, I had a 2" receiver installed. They did a magnificent job of tucking it up tight against the tank, and tucked neatly under the bumper. VERY unubtrusive for as large as they are. It was pretty simple, an "H" turned 1/4 turn, with the cross of the "H" being the center tube out the rear.

They welded 4 nice neat straps down the sides of the frame rails, (been a long time) and bolted the hitch to them, so I could get the fuel tank out if needed.

I've thought that would be the way to do it "on mine" with one of the new "miniature" receivers perhaps.

In fact if you didn't use it much you could easily unbolt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back