trailer queens

I was at a car show today and over half of the cars there sit in garages/trailers

• Total voters
-
Never tailored 8) even when I we went after it "Small Block and the wife's over 350 miles and drive when I have to leave the house near and far rain or shine she :-D

Come on Mike ,couldnt help but laugh. Never tailored instead of trailered. Your car must be tailored cause it fits you to a tee.lol

I'd like to, but this is what it looks like right now.

74%20dart%20002.jpg

I drive my 71 Scamp, the only time its on the trailer is to the track or long distance show.

We will drive the 66 and Sunfish to wherever we are going with them. The one exception is to the Nats, when we will trailer something there to have 2 vehicles at our disposal. That way, when the wives want to leave, they can just take the car and the boys can take the truck when the track closes. Otherwise, we're drivin'!!! Geof

I drive it................. although I did trailer it to the Nats in 09 because I needed a boat load of parts..... still kind of pisses me off that I trailered it! LOL

I drive it................. although I did trailer it to the Nats in 09 because I needed a boat load of parts..... still kind of pisses me off that I trailered it! LOL
I drive mine all I can, but when racing I trailer it to the track just for the convienience of having spare parts,jacks,tools and an extra vehicle in case something happens and the car cant be driven. I can tell you when it rains I turn the wipers on, when the sun goes down I turn on the lights and when the light turns green I leave some tires behind:burnout:. Like my Bro (cosgig) says it makes for happy families when the wives can come and go as they please on long Nats weekends.

I drive and trailer. Long distance shows I trailer. Beats breaking down in unfamiliar territory. Oh yeah and there was the time when big t-storms blew in over the car show and all the easy-ups went flyn into the cars. Yeah mine was in the trailer and I loved every minute of it lol. Not a scratch! Storm came in fast and furious.

What the hell is a trailer?:toothy10:
I had mine out today running on the highway,two 4 barrels and a 3 inch exhaust was very intimidating to many that we passed.I drive it every chance I get and wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a sign on my dash that reads, If you see this car on a trailer call 911. It's stolen. I have drivem my cars to Mopars at the strip and to the Nats 1200 miles to Vegas and 2100 to the Nats. Half the fun is driving them.

The newest thing we own is my 69 D100 SWB, that is my daily driver (the 73 is going bye bye after paint). Nikki has the 66 Dart as her daily driver and as soon as the 56 Olds is ready it will be my daily driver and the D100 will be the back up. When the 48 is done it will be Nikki's daily driver if she doesn't feel like driving the 66.

Like my Billetproof shirt says.... "F-bomb Trailer Queens!" and the license plate frame on my dads 50 Dodge custom..."If you see this car on a trailer call 911, IT'S STOLEN!"
I have no respect for anyone that doesn't drive their cars (drag cars with gears like 4.** or 5.** excluded). I spent enough time building trailer queens for other people that they make me sick!

They were daily drivers when they were new so why can't they be daily drivers now? If you are afraid of chipping the paint or getting it dirty then you shouldn't own it!

I drove my former '73 Duster every freakin day!!

I put over 250 miles on it in one day when looking for a job!!

They were driven when new, so why not now?? I HATE NEW CARS...

When the '74 Dart gets ready, I will drive the piss out of it. I don't believe in trailers and think that trailering a car is pointless. If you have to trailer the car, it is a useless paperweight IMO.

i drive my wagon everywhere. i have put 7,000 miles on it since i got it on the road last september. we did 1 trip to bakersfield for march meet, and 1 trip to van nuys for spring fling. i also drove it to morro bay, about 4 hours away. got to the campgroungs around 9. threw the air mattress in the back and camped in the wagon. that got some looks. haha.

REAL HOTRODS HAVE ROCK CHIPS! I drive mine everywhere, rain or shine, the only way it will ever see a trailer, is if it breaks down & I can't get it running again(hasn't happened yet!)

I drive all my cars (that run), my daily driver for over 10 years was my 55 F-100 and my 68 wagon for over 5 years. I even delivered pizza's in my dual quad Dart and a 65 Barracuda back in the eighties, I also delivered papers in a 69 Charger.

I do drive the blown car quite a bit but do to the gears and the fuel mileage I do trailer it to some shows, it's also nice to be able to take a cooler and chairs with you which there is no room for in that car. It will be trailered to Monster Mopar but the stock fish will be driven there.

Mine is my daily driver, woo hoo, they were driven everyday 40 yrs ago, what has changed? Its fun scaring the Chevy's around here.

I love to look at trailer queens, but have never owned one.

My numbers 68 Hemi RR, probably should have been one, but I enjoyed driving it too much, even though it made me pretty nervous sometimes.

Used to haul the race car on a trailer, but it had 5:38 gears and open headers.

I drive mine when they are not broken. lol And when the dart is finished, I'm gonna drive the wheels off of it...:)

-
Back