Trailer/Winch Mount

-
I did finally finish this today.

IMG_20230908_181541.jpg

A winch is a necessary feature on a car trailer.
Last weekend I was up my farm, stopped by my cousins house.
His boy and my 84 year old uncle was trying to load his truck on a trailer.
I used the winch on the front of my truck to pull it on. Way safer plan than they had was to shove it on with a tractor.

I mounted a tool box the front frame rails with square u bolts through a 3/8” sandwich plate and welded the 6”x4” winch mount to that. Then bolted the HF 9000lb winch in the tool box to the mount. Cut a hole in the back, mount the fairlead, and ran the cable. Secure and out of the weather. Has worked perfectly for years. Since these pictures I’ve added a battery and I charge it with the trailer plug. And some lights.
View attachment 1716134522

View attachment 1716134524

View attachment 1716134525

View attachment 1716134527
This is what I plan on doing as well, except with a small toolbox. Lol

Plan is to get one of these, unless I find a good deal on something used.

2-3/4 cu. ft. Steel Trailer Tongue Box
If you put a winch and a battery in that it will be full. I wanted room for all of my tie downs/straps, some chain, binders, a snatch strap, a come along, couple pairs of gloves, and some tools. I loan this trailer out to all of my friends regularly and it has everything you’d ever need to tow something. I wouldn’t want a smaller box.

If you put a winch and a battery in that it will be full. I wanted room for all of my tie downs/straps, some chain, binders, a snatch strap, a come along, couple pairs of gloves, and some tools. I loan this trailer out to all of my friends regularly and it has everything you’d ever need to tow something. I wouldn’t want a smaller box.
Yeah, I’m actually planning to pick this one up locally for $100. It’s 48x20x18 so it’d be a lot more room for straps, chains and binders (use the trailer to haul a scissor lift) and should still allow adequate room for turning

IMG_1797.jpeg

-
Back