Trailer winch....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What are folks using? And what capacity? I have a small Superwinch unit for the trailer, just have not mounted it yet. It is rated at 3k pounds. Seeing as how I have been using a 2k come-a-long I figured the 3k winch would be more than enough. Everything that I put on the trailer rolls so I did not see the need for winch that belongs on the front of a mud truck.....

That should be more than enough, and if you need to you can use a block at the load end and double the pull.

Did you see the other thread about mounting?

I'm using 3k on mine,, and it'll pull up a Dart and a Challenger with a flat tire,, but it works hard,

if I did it again,, I'd go a bit bigger,, in case I start collecting B bodies.. jmo

my neighbor has a 2500 warn winch on his 4wd honda four wheeler, we use it in the woods alot and I can tell you I would want something with more power if I were pulling cars on a trailer because it wouldn't cut it

on the other hand my boss has a 8000LB winch on his car trailer and it does anything you need too, go big incase you ever need it, insted of small and be caught in a hard spot wishing you had of went with a bigger one

That should be more than enough, and if you need to you can use a block at the load end and double the pull.

Did you see the other thread about mounting?

I use the snatch block on mine all the time,great investment

INK, use the block it doubles the capacity. I use a 3k on my trailer with a block and it works great. Bill

-
Back