Tranny I.D.

-
ya know, i looked at it about 5 times and i think thats what it reads. i tried taking a picture but it doesnt turn out with my crappy camera. I'll check again.

That would be odd that it's not listed although not impossible. Check again. Maybe clean it real good with a fine wire brush and brake cleaner first.

yeah im almost sure thats what it is. i called B&M and they said to get the castings off the valve body, which is the only way to make sure.

on the bottom reads:

the top reads

can anyone make meaning of this?

Going by the numbers off the valve body is OK if the valve body hasn't been changed. Are you positive this is a 727 and not a 904 trans??

yeah, i'm sure it is a 727. And actually what i am looking for is the valve body anyways, i am adding a shift improver kit, so it's just the valve body that is going to be worked on.

Ok. Yeah you need to know what year it is to get the right kit. That's sure weird. I've been rebuilding torqueflites for 25+ yrs. and never ran into one that wasn't on the chart. The only other suggestion I know is to contact John Kunkle. He hangs out on www.moparchat.com He's been rebuilding 727's for close to 40 yrs. now. He might have a better chart.

called the dodge dealership and they said it comes out of a 86-87 Van or Truck. Thanks for trying to help out guys.

also, When i tried fully removing the valve body, it is still stuck up there by a tube (Park?) I dont really want to try yanking it out, but how do i pull it out easily?

-
Back