Tranny problems...HELP!!!

-

Snoman001

Reaction score
i have a 1970 Plymouth duster that i converted from a slant six to a 318 idk where the 318 came from all i know is it was out of a 1972 dodge something.the tranny idk what year it is or anything but the mechanic i paid to do all this messed up big time.my shifting rods from the slant 6 where stuck on this 4 speed tranny he said it would be fine...let me assure you its not.i discovered the rods where grinded down so the cotter pins wouldnt catch each other but they still do. I can get on the gas and try to shift from 1st to second and it gets stuck and i have to crawl under there and hit the rods until they come apart. I need to know where i can buy the stock rods for this tranny if anyone can help youll be my hero.

Not sure of anyone who sells them new. I'd try putting a want ad in the want ad section. I bet there are plenty of used ones out there at a reasonable price.

thanks for the help guys i am putting out want ads but no responce Those rods are WAY to long thanks for the help though if anyone has any i can buy send me a pic and the price

-
Back