Tranny shield or blanket Duster 440

-

Ss426a

Reaction score
Shield or blanket ? I was looking at TCI shield What is everyone using ? I’ve heard some will not fit . Getting ready to put motor and tranny back in .
Thanks

Blanket is any easy fit (that is what I use). Everybody I know that put in a shield had to modify their floor to make it fit, just food for thought.

Blanket is any easy fit (that is what I use). Everybody I know that put in a shield had to modify their floor to make it fit, just food for thought.
Yeah that’s what I’ve been hearing can you put it on in the car or best before

If your talking about the black molded carbon fiber looking shield, yes they are a pain in the *** to fit in a A body. I wound up using a blacker.

I went blanket, I have seen pictures of failed carbon fiber shield. Fits fine on my sb 727. Linkages need figuring out. If you run kick down its a bit more difficult. I took a piece of square tubing and heated it. Made a window through the blanket for shift linkage. You could just make a brace to keep the blanket off the linkage. I started down that road, but it puts the blanket that much closer to the exhaust.

I went with a blanket because none of the shields would fit the stock floor in my Dart. However, this winter I am planning to have a removable trans tunnel fabed for my care because I really want to use a shield.

I’m going Blanket can you get it on with tranny in car or best before you stick it in

You can get it on. Much easier if you lower the cross member. Mine had to two straps to attach it to bell housing bolts to keep it from sliding back. Never used them and it never moved back.

Got 3 of the CSR shields in use in A bodies with small blocks and 904 tranny
No problems with the fit.

I went blanket, I have seen pictures of failed carbon fiber shield. Fits fine on my sb 727. Linkages need figuring out. If you run kick down its a bit more difficult. I took a piece of square tubing and heated it. Made a window through the blanket for shift linkage. You could just make a brace to keep the blanket off the linkage. I started down that road, but it puts the blanket that much closer to the exhaust.
What do you mean by failed. I doubt that any shield or blanket would remain undamaged if the drum exploded.

Shield or blanket ? I was looking at TCI shield What is everyone using ? I’ve heard some will not fit . Getting ready to put motor and tranny back in .
Thanks
Remember the csr shield has both certifications. Trans and flexplate.
A blanket only cover the trans.

Don’t know any of the circumstance.

4806880B-8B3C-4EC0-BC9C-F1ACC10B9128.jpeg

The blanket I think aids in absorbing the energy better than the CSR…. Just my thought. I run the CSR as it covers both rule requirements. When I ran my 727 I cut the floor out and run a two piece aluminum removable cover. Well within the rules, but feel I compromised some safety by losing the stock floor pan…… but oh boy it sure makes tranny work easy!!

-
Back