Trans brake reactions

-

tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Two years ago we went from a TF727 with a Turbo Action trans brake to a Keith Long built TF904 with a Griner brake. We did this because it's easier to remove and replace the 904 compared to the 727. We also needed to pick up some ET. The swap accomplished both of those things.
We got another benefit that we didn't plan on. After the transmission swap I had to add .095 of a second to the delay box. I'm not going to install a Power Glide in my car, but what is your experience with going from a TF to a Power Glide as far as your reaction goes? If you have done it.
We're going to be doing a lot of index racing going forward. We have plenty of areas to address the cars reacting. Just wondering what other racers have experienced.

Two years ago we went from a TF727 with a Turbo Action trans brake to a Keith Long built TF904 with a Griner brake. We did this because it's easier to remove and replace the 904 compared to the 727. We also needed to pick up some ET. The swap accomplished both of those things.
We got another benefit that we didn't plan on. After the transmission swap I had to add .095 of a second to the delay box. I'm not going to install a Power Glide in my car, but what is your experience with going from a TF to a Power Glide as far as your reaction goes? If you have done it.
We're going to be doing a lot of index racing going forward. We have plenty of areas to address the cars reacting. Just wondering what other racers have experienced.

I have considered the glide on oh so so many occasions especially since I’m a dedicated bracket racer. Just never pulled the trigger for the main reason of what it would cost to swap plus the modifications I need, and the fear of not being happy. I would certainly expect to need less delay simply because there is less gear ratio moving the car off the line from a 727 to a glide. Not to say the glide won’t work or be fast, but just what I would expect is all.

-
Back