Trans cooler question.

-

66Dart225

Reaction score
I have a 66 dart. 225. I want to use a universal cooler all the ones I have seen come with rubber lines. My question is isn't the lines under pressure. Won't the rubber line just break.

The rubber ines that come supplied with the kit are high pressure lines...kinda like power steering lines. but if you feel uneasy about it, plumb it all with -AN stuff. not cheap, but will never leak, and will look great. :)

Millions of coolers have been installed using the rubber hose. As Mopardude says it's high pressure hose that is used, so no need to worry about pressure issues. Just don't make any bends too sharp, rather nice easy curves.:D

transman

Put the rubber lines on over a flare if you can, because it makes it a lot harder to blow a line off as the rubber settles under the clamps and gets looser.

Put the rubber lines on over a flare if you can, because it makes it a lot harder to blow a line off as the rubber settles under the clamps and gets looser.

Agreed, I used two clamps on each end as well, on mine.

It's not that much pressure, the fluid is just going through the cooler and then dumping back into the pan. The only real restriction is the lines and cooler itself.

-
Back