Trans cooler with AC condenser

-

supertruck

Unretired Old Fart stock car racer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this addressed here so I'll ask. Car is a 73 Dart Sport I'm restoring. Going with the 26" radiator, Contour fans, and I'll have AC. Since I'm running the 200-4R with a 2800 stall, non-lockup converter, my trans guy said to add an external trans cooler. Anyone mounted a trans cooler in front of the AC condenser? Don't have the front end back together yet but trying to figure out ahead of time what will fit and the best location. Thanks for any suggestions.

Haven't seen this addressed here so I'll ask. Car is a 73 Dart Sport I'm restoring. Going with the 26" radiator, Contour fans, and I'll have AC. Since I'm running the 200-4R with a 2800 stall, non-lockup converter, my trans guy said to add an external trans cooler. Anyone mounted a trans cooler in front of the AC condenser? Don't have the front end back together yet but trying to figure out ahead of time what will fit and the best location. Thanks for any suggestions.
After I installed the non-lock up 2004R (1800 stall) in my Barracuda I installed a cooler in front of the radiator. I also installed a trans temp gauge. It ran below 200 degrees all the time, I live in S. Texas so it's always very hot and humid:

DSC02183.JPG
DSC02187.JPG
DSC02188.JPG
DSC02196.JPG

Treblig

Happens all the time, go for it.

-
Back