Trans-dapt conversion mounts with Dougs 453's

-

CarfinaticII

Under Construction
Reaction score
So before I pull the trigger and buy a set of Dougs 453B headers, I wanted to ask if anyone had any first hand knowledge of them while using the trans dapt slant 6 to v8 conversion mounts. I'm sure there will be some modifications to be made as I've scoured trough old threads looking for answers. Seems the consensus is that no cars are the same and no headers are exactly the same with tolerances. I plan on getting the borgeson universal steering coupler (114921) to help with clearance of the steering knuckle. I think that is the right part for my application.?

My car now:
1972 dodge dart slant 6
power steering
no power drum brakes
904 column shift
stock torsion bars

What its going to be:
1972 dodge dart 318
power steering
conversion to front disks
904 column shift
108 torsion bars
Speedmaster aluminum heads

Are there any big roadblocks that any of you have found with the aluminum heads, or conversion mounts, or shift linkages, or suspension parts that I'll be facing in the future with these headers? If there is a thread that spells it out and I missed it ill be happy to read it. Also, the 453B header is what I'm looking at, how long will it stay black? Will it burn the paint off at the first startup?

Thank you

The k-members are only different on the passenger side on a slant six. So I don't think there will be a problem

The k-members are only different on the passenger side on a slant six. So I don't think there will be a problem
I realize it’ll put the motor pretty close to the stock location of a v8 k member. So just treat it like it’s a v8 k member after the mounts are installed?

I realize it’ll put the motor pretty close to the stock location of a v8 k member. So just treat it like it’s a v8 k member after the mounts are installed?
Yes you shouldn't have any issues. I have V8 to slant "schumacher" mounts if you do Have issues. also V8 k-members and mounts. I am in Pa. Neighbor

I used a truck mount to get the 408 in my /6 K member

The Doug's fit like a glove

And yes the paint will burn off immediately, the coated ones are the ones you want

-
Back