Trans Go TF-2

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
I just recieved my TF-2 kit in the mail and have a few questions about it.
I previously had a TF-SC kit in my 904 and it called for drilling out the 1-2 shift apply in the seperator plate to .096. Of course the new kit says not to drill it and remove the checkball instead. Whats the fix for that?

Also the old kit called for a hole thru one of the partitions and the new one says to plug it. With what? Would epoxy hold up and not come loose?

I was also wondering if there is a washer of some kind that goes between
the bottom half and the pushrod in the kickdown servo. I've seen some exploded drawings of it and there is something that looks like a washer. Mine has none. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sounds like they must have changed a few things. The only fix for the drilled out separator plate is a new plate. Not sure if epoxy would hole up or not. You might call Trans-go and see what they say. I've never seen any washer used on the kickdown servo. There is a spacer to eliminate the internal spring used on the low/rev servo in a 727. 904's don't need that mod.

there's this stuff called marine tex, strong stuff, you can actually drill and tap it. Don't know if it can handle atf. I think it can but don't have it anymore, easy to get from a marine store

I did call them, and the tech told me to put a 14 gauge solid copper wire in the hole. It worked perfect and it can't come out.

Thanks for getting back to us. I was hoping they could help. I had just talked to them about the same kit (TF-2) for a 727. That's what I'll be getting. The Tech. had some suggestions about other things to do while it was torn down.
When I pull mine out, I'm going to give him another call, like he said to do. So give him another call if you didn't get into that. He liked the torque-flite.
Sounds like fishy68 may know what to do to beef up a stock trans..

Thanks for getting back to us. I was hoping they could help. I had just talked to them about the same kit (TF-2) for a 727. That's what I'll be getting. The Tech. had some suggestions about other things to do while it was torn down.
When I pull mine out, I'm going to give him another call, like he said to do. So give him another call if you didn't get into that. He liked the torque-flite.
Sounds like fishy68 may know what to do to beef up a stock trans..

It doesn't take much to make a 727 hold 500-550 hp. Just a good quality rebuild, a Trans-go kit or good manual valve body, a billet low/rev. piston, and a bolt in sprague.

-
Back