Trans going back into car questions

-
try rotating the neutral safety switch around.

58CCC270-7961-461F-8CCD-842681B9F526.jpeg

The dart is back. All three gears now she is ready for her 6 hour trip to Norfolk VA.

I know that feels good.

I'm not real good with the later wiring. I would post in the electrical forum, there are a ton of folks that know it well.

Check the turn signal relay under the dash above the fuse panel. Turn on your hazards and listen or feel the clicking relay in the aforementioned spot.
Find the other relay that looks the same as the one that is clicking. It will be that one.
Hazards and turnsignals are on separate circuits for safety.
Switch the two relays to test your signals, then replace.
Hope its that simple.

Check the turn signal relay under the dash above the fuse panel. Turn on your hazards and listen or feel the clicking relay in the aforementioned spot.
Find the other relay that looks the same as the one that is clicking. It will be that one.
Hazards and turnsignals are on separate circuits for safety.
Switch the two relays to test your signals, then replace.
Hope its that simple.
What does the relay look like??

Mymopar.com will have the wiring schematic for your car.
It is the factory service manual and
you will have to download for year and model of your car but it has been extremely helpful in all areas for my car.

Don't the turn signals and flashers have different flasher elements? It might just be a bad flasher, no?

Yes.
My 71’s have two each.
One for hazards direct and another for signals powered only when the key is in the on position.

Last edited:
The flasher was definitely bad it is still leaking water but it’s way more than that now. So I went from having no turn signals to now I have only have one break light no instrument panel lights and still no blinkers. We are going to try again tomorrow before I rip it apart.

You just successfully attacked the transmission, the lights will be easier.
If you just lost one brake light it sounds like a bulb or socket ground(pigtail).

-
Back