Trans swap question

-
G

Gordon

In my 71 Plymouth Scamp with 318, is it possible to switch the 3 speed automatic for a later model 4 speed automatic? If possible, what would work, and is there a shop in Southern CA that could do it? Any information is really appreciated. (714) 309-8545, or [email protected].

You can install a 4 speed overdrive but it will take quite a bit of modification to the trans tunnel. I do not know of any in Southern California but I know their is one in Canada that I have seen a lot in Moper Muscle. They are called SMR Trans, http://www.smrtrans.com , I am sure there are ones closer that I do not know about also.

Your welcome, I contacted them about doing the same thing and they were very helpful. I have not done that and not sure if I will be they were helpful and answered all my questions.

Seth

My Dad did a 904 to A500 swap in his 66 dart wagon and he lives in Rancho Cucamonga he might be able to do it for you

mean318, I would be interested in talking with your Dad about the trans swap. He can call me at 714-309-8545, or I can call him in Rancho Cucamonga if you can give me a number. Thanks.

No offense, but in the future you guys should consider sending a private message to give a phone number out. With the scamers and solicitors that glean info from the net nowadays I can for-see a lot of bothersome if not down right troublesome phone calls coming your way. Just my opinion.

-
Back