Transgo vs. B&M shift kit. Fast advice for Xmas

-

273 Commando

mooser's dad
Reaction score
I want to buy a shift kit as a Christmas present for my son's 74 Duster. It has a slightly overstock Commando 273 with a 904 and 3.21 8.25 differential. What's the consensus of these two brands and what's the popular product to use/buy? Thanks. I need to order soon, so fast advice is appreciated.

I've been hearing alotta votes for the trans-go units.

I won't even put in a B&M kit anymore. To inconsistent. Sometimes they work ok and sometimes they overlap between gears. Trans-go is a much more advanced shift improver kit. Not just a stock separator plate with a couple of holes enlarged like a B&M kit is. The Trans-go takes a little longer but it always works right.

the shop listed in my signature line uses nothing but transgo...

I am woefully ignorant about shift kits, and what all they can do for you, so when I had my transmission built by one of the leading tranny/converter builders on the West Coast, I took his advice and had him install the Trans-Go unit.

I couldn't be happier with this 904. It handles 525 flywheel HP like it was a one-barrel slant 6, and has crisp, instantaneous shifts with no 2-3 overlap, and no apparent timing issues on the 1-2 shift.

It's 6 years old... lotsa drag racing miles and has survived considerable abuse on the street.

B & M may work well, but this Trans-Go unit sure has convinced me that it is the real deal.....

My 2-cents....

I think Transgo has the vote... LOL

My Demon has a Transgo kit in it and I couldn't be happier...I'll never try anything else.

ive got a b&m and its OK. but from what ive heard. id go with a trans go if i did it again. my buddy has a transgo kit in his cutlass and its the bees` knees

-
Back