Transmission blew in Automatic 65 Barracuda

-
Reaction score
I was driving earlier, and my transmission blew. I don't know what type of transmission came on a automatic 1965 Barracuda, im looking for a new tranny but I don't know where to start. Any information helps, -G

If that is original it is 1 year only cable operated tranny.
What exactly blew?
can yours be rebuilt?
slant or v-8 car?
you also have a floor shifted model.

you must decide if you want to stay with the original equipment or modify later model stuff to work.

post up your specs & help will come.
also your tranny is a 904 style .
Lawrence

I think you may need to offer a little more info. If it has a later trans to match the motor, that is going to make a big difference as to what I would do! Does it still have the original trans? Did they change the converter when they swapped the motor? The register is smaller on the front of a 273 converter and will waller around in that later crank and burn things up! Does it have the original cable shifter?

More info please!!.....

what does 78 diplomat motor have to do with the transmission?
what tranny is in there now since the motor has been replaced-- you need to provide detailed information for assistance-- there are great members here with vast knowledge-- but the info you provided is vague at best.
Lawrence

damn Cosgig faster typer!!

what does 78 diplomat motor have to do with the transmission?
what tranny is in there now since the motor has been replaced-- you need to provide detailed information for assistance-- there are great members here with vast knowledge-- but the info you provided is vague at best.
Lawrence

damn Cosgig faster typer!!

Fastest thumbs in the west Lawrence!! Too bad I'm from the east!!!LOL!!

-
Back