Transmission Cooler for 904 ?

-

frankwest

Reaction score
I need a stand alone cooler. I will be using an alum radiator without a trans cooler. I will be using a MP 2400-2500 stall. How large of a cooler will I need ? Line size ? I plan on mounting it in front of my radiator.

Thanks , Frank West

Hi Frank,

You didn't say whether you were going to use braided or conventional rubber cooling line. If you plan to use rubber line the AA679 listed on my site will work. If you plan to use braided line, the B&M 70266 will work. Both coolers would be adequate for your application. The 13700 on the other hand, would be overkill, but you can never be too safe in terms of transmission temp. Do you have a temp gauge in the pan?

On the braided line size, 6AN hose will work with two 1/8"NPTx6AN male fittings.

Hope this helps! :salut:

I was planning on running steel lines with rubber for the connections at the cooler. Are the lines on the trans 1/8" NPT ?
I do not have a trans temp gauge yet but it's on the list .

Frank

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't noticed your reply until now.

On the two fittings, yes, the side that goes into the case is 1/8" NPT. A 6AN type fitting is readily available to use with bradied hose, but you will be fine with rubber hose to your aux. cooler.

Chris

-
Back