Transmission Fluid on a Stratus

-

ElephantKiller

Reaction score
I know it's not an A body, and I know it's not a classic, but I know there are a few of you guys out there that work in dealerships and know your stuff. I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus ES Coupe with the 3.0 V6. I'm wanting to flush the transmission and need to know what fluid to use. The manual says Diamond SPII or SPIII, I've always been told that everything after '01 needs ATF+4. Which should I use? I would like to use the ATF+4 because it is easier to get (no Mitsubishi dealerships close), but I don't want to create problems.

IIRC those use a Mitsu trans and that's why it's spec'd for their fluid. I think it's the same fluid just with a different name for the two dealerships. I remember using ATF+3 for the ex's Stratus. So ATF+4 should be fine.

Interesting! The 97 Avenger I had with the 2.5l v6 had a mopar tranny and specified ATF+3.

Thanks for the replies. I knew that it was a Mitsubishi drivetrain, but I still thought that it was strange that they wouldn't recommend their own fluid. I've heard both ways that ATF+4 is the same and that it's not the same.

-
Back