Transmission Identification Help

-

CudaTime49

Reaction score
Need help identifying my transmission. It is attached to a 1968 340 Formula S. I do not have a fender tag or buildsheet for this car. I'm not sure if the engine and trans are original, but I have the engine disassembled and it has been rebuilt.
There are no casting or stamping marks on the flared end but there is a number that looks like it was welded on "260-4". These numbers are about 2 inches high and look like they are made from wire and soldered on the case (See pic). There is a cast KCP 230-260-4 on the center case and the number 2466901 on the tail. Any ideas or leads would really be helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1685.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1686.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 240
dont know, i have seen all kinds of giant numbers on those things. could be just castings, plants, im not really sure

The number you're looking for is on the pan rail either on the driver or passenger side..I cannot remember which. It is a stamped number.

This might help. It list transmission application by part number and where to locat that part number.
Cheers

Attachments

• Transmission ID.pdf
    921.1 KB · Views: 227
Visually, it's a '66-68 727 for a small block. The numbers off the drivers' side pan rail will tell you a more exact application. It could be the stock trans for your 340.

-
Back