Status
Not open for further replies.

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Figured its worth asking if anyone has an extra one laying around..
Jims auto parts sells it. Its called a "front lower dust & inspection cover"
need one for a small block automatic 727 transmission.

let me know if you have one that you can give away.. willing to pay shipping..

also i think I might need the "small access plate cover" sold by jims auto parts as well..

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/transmission_parts.htm is the link to the transmission parts..

If you can't find a free one, don't buy from Jim's. Lots of threads about how bad his shipping and handling policies are.

If you can't find a free one, don't buy from Jim's. Lots of threads about how bad his shipping and handling policies are.

ya i've bought from them before for a few things that i needed for the gas tank. the shiping was horrible! don't know where else to get one from though.. even willing to pay $$ to someone here on FABO if they have what i need..

thanks for the heads up though

Mancini's sells them real cheap too.
thnks..mancini is the same as jims auto though. they screw you over with shipping costs..

will check out the ebay ones. but i'd probably be paying the same price on ebay for a used one as I would be paying to get a brand new one from somewhere like mancini or jims auto..

hmm. well i'll call and try mancini. they don't tell you what shipping is until after you pay though. at least for me out here in CA. maybe thats the difference

It is true they don't tell you the shipping cost and sometimes it's high. But other times it has been low. But at least they send you the parts where-as Jim's don't sometimes. I think they charge actual shipping which can go pretty expensive if the part is large/heavy. Only Summit/JEGS are real good about charging a flat rate. I have ordered from Mancini's a bunch and always gotten great service.

BTW: Did you look on Summit or JEGS to see if they might have the cover? They sell Mopar Perf. parts and match prices.

good idea. didn't look. kind of just assumed that they wouldn't. will check that out tomorrow when I have a little more time.. got lots to get done right now and need to get off the computer

What is with no shipping to Canada..we are not international...

I can see if this was a rear end, or something big and heavy..you could put that into an envelope..BTW, I need those two as well..will to pay for 'em..

Sorry for the rant.

ian.

What is with no shipping to Canada..we are not international...

I can see if this was a rear end, or something big and heavy..you could put that into an envelope..BTW, I need those two as well..will to pay for 'em..

Sorry for the rant.

ian.

Actually it's not just Canada but AK and HI also. It takes 5 minutes (or less) worth of paperwork to ship out of the lower 48 and some people are too either lazy to do it or sometimes they run into a bafoon at the post office that don't know how to ship out of the lower 48 so they don't want the hassle of dealing with somebody like that. Therefore shipping in the lower 48 only is simple and doesn't require a postmaster with a brain to do it. Awhile back we had a temp postmaster that way. I had to show him how to do it and I have never even worked at the post office.:angry7:

Wow..I really don't think it takes any time to ship south than out west..BION, I think it is cheaper to ship down to Florida than to British Columbia. I always use Venture One when I ship which gives me $ 100 insurance and a tracking number. There is no charge to use this service.

The only thing coming from that states is if the value of the parcel is over $75.00 dollars (gift or anything) , than we pay duty, tax and a surcharge on it but that depends on where it crosses over..I have found that if the parcel goes through Toronto, i can escape over 50% of the time :) :) but if it goes through Quebec, I am always nailed :)

Thanks for the explaination.

ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back