transport co. reccomendations for '64 Dart

-

rdb

Reaction score
I guess this really isn't the appropriate forum except that it relates to a '64 Dart. But if the deal goes down and it is shipped back, any auto transport companies recommended? I know they aren't all the same, and some have lowball initial quotes and then all these hidden charges later, etc. This would be for (relatively speaking) short haul from lower NY state to DC area of Maryland.

Are there any scams or traps to watch out for?

I did put in an online request to one company, but it turned out to be a site that sends it to a bunch of companies! Nine quotes have rolled in, ranging from 550 to 800, but still want to know who MoPar guys are using. Will also see what I can find online about choosing a carrier.

Thanks,
Bob B

I put in a quote request for U Ship for a 65 Dart from Raleigh NC to about 80 miules west of DC. Got 5 or 6 quotes, picked one and got the car delivered for the quoted price. Everything worked out great. Can't remember who the transport guy was though.

How far away is it? Distance/time ? Maybe the fabo transportation network can help out. A couple years ago another member was looking to do the same. We talked about it and I made a run from Glen Burnie to pick up a car in Richmond and delivered it to Carlise fuel estimated fuel costs plus a little extra for my time.

Just went thru this with my 84 M-B in San Diego 500 mi away. The right front was toed-out a lot (something broke), so considered an auto shipper vs tow dolly ($110 rental). All the places seemed to be brokers that e-mailed & phoned constantly. Quotes were $395-$550, but much fine print that would cost more and many sounded sketchy - pay driver in cash at both ends. Seemed similar to many moving companies that leverage you once they have your stuff.

We were driving there anyway for vacation and bringing my other M-B to my son (flat-towed behind our minivan). I found the LCA bracket cracked and made a temp fix w/ a chain, adjusted toe-in and drove it home (drove like new). I would have towed it (better mileage), but my wife went elsewhere with the van.

Good luck. If you get frustrated with shady shippers, consider driving there and towing it back. I had trouble both times I tried to flat-tow my early A's, but both were new-to-me w/ loose suspension and steering. A tow dolly would be more assured. If you keep the engine idling in N, you shouldn't need to disconnect the driveshaft. Might not at all for a 65- car since the trannys have a rear pump, at least for short distances (~200 mi).

I used 4 corners transport twice from LA,CA to Hartford, CT
360-882-2584
my friend used them several times and referred me

Any reliable tow services to get a car from Pasadina,MD to Nazareth, PA?

-
Back