Transporting car

-
Reaction score
Need to ship my 74 scamp that I just purchased from Michigan to TX. I have already inquired from a generic shipping place and have received quotes from several companies. Just wanted to know from experience companies to avoid or what you have good experience with. Prices seem to range from 1200 to 2300. (Car Does not run)

I've got no experience with Michigan to Texas and I've shipped quite a few car's but they've all been from Cali to Texas and I've actually used the same guy every time since he's based in Northern Cal. I have shipped lot's of other big stuff too from all over the U.S.

I will share what I've learned through the process though:

1) They have all been enclosed which typically costs more.

2)Average price has been $900- 1k.

3) Hire a Transporter/Shipping Company direct and Do Not go through a Broker as they'll typically cost about $2-300 more.

4) It's possible to have some success with a site like U-Ship but don't Low ball em, just offer a fair price.

5) Non-Running vehicles cost more to ship

6) The wider your window time frame for shipping is the better since shippers like to have a Full Load

7) Only use an Insured and Bonded shipper

8) The more vehicles at one time or more often you use a shipper the prices get much better.

9) Current Fuel costs do factor in, but less then you'd think.

Hope this helps.

Need to ship my 74 scamp that I just purchased from Michigan to TX. I have already inquired from a generic shipping place and have received quotes from several companies. Just wanted to know from experience companies to avoid or what you have good experience with. Prices seem to range from 1200 to 2300. (Car Does not run)
I used AAA Logistics AZ to MO
Great people, good communications, they were on time
4 years ago - $1100

what part of texas is it going to?

I just shipped a car from Detroit Area to Tampa about 1200 miles.
I used enclosed the shipper was Reliable. Its the 2nd time I have used them in the last year.
They are typically one of the more expensive companies, but they do a good job.
I paid $2100.
As mentioned they make no guarantees when the car will pick up or deliver, so consider that when you make your decision.

Matt

i think in the for sale section we got a thread on a "fabo transportation network"

did you look into that?

-
Back