Trany Opinion!?!?!?!

-

ahlberg

Reaction score
Me and my dad are building up a 68' barracuda fastback, were hoping to get atleast 500 the the rear wheels. the car has no engine and trany in it right know. Right know it has the clutch pedal and linkage on it. We had are minds set on a 727, but it is getting stressfull trying to find a good console for less $. I Know one of the hard parts of switching a automatic to a 4 speed is to hang the clutch pedal assembly witch is already in it right know, so that is making me think twice. Im also thinking speed and 1/4 mile times? What should i do?

- thanks

What are you palnning on putting in there for motivation? Small Block, Big Block? 500 HP at the wheels is going to be a pretty hairy machine to drive on the street, if that's the direction you're headed. Also, you can put in a 727 with an aftermarket shifter and you won't need the consol. With a 500 RWHP machine you definitely won't want a stock Mopar consol shifter in there. If you let us know exactly what you have in mind for your 'Cuda, street/ strip/street-strip, then we can make some informed suggestions.

-
Back