Travel pics and stories (positives only, please)

-

Claudius

Reaction score
With spring taking hold and summer within sight, the Mopar owners will be polishing up and prepping for the cruise season. For those who do not get snow, there is less of a seasonal change that for the rest of us.

I wanted to start a thread where people would list a place they had travelled to, along with one or two really positive aspects and one or two cautions for others. A little bit of background regarding the trip would be great as well.

Please include a couple of pictures as standard fare. It could be anywhere in the world.

To start things off, I took my family to Japan in 2002 for a holiday. We spent some time on our own before linking up with someone that I grew up with who makes his home there. Our three kids ranged in age from ~15 months to ~4 years of age. My two redheads got a TON of attention because there are no natural redheads over there and my little guy's blue eyes and chubby cheeks turned many middle-aged ladies into puddles of goo. The hospitality was great and it was easy to get around. I recommend using the Frommers travel book because they were hyper-accurate with everything.

However, if you hate crowds...

The pics are as follows:

1) Kinkakuji (Temple of the Golden Pavillion), Kyoto
2) atomic bomb dome, Hiroshima

21-Kinkakuji,  covered with gold leaf, Kyoto.jpg

19-Atomic Bomb Dome, Hiroshima.jpg

great pictures, i am interested in WW2 history and have always wanted to go see the history of Japan. We go on a cruise every yr and there is one cruise called Tour of Pacific theater.

They stop in the Solomons, Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Truk, Tinian, Guam and some other places.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from past cruises.

First one is on Tortola, a British Virgin Island, about 50 miles from Puerto Rico, we rented a car, a Suzuki Sidekick, that need brakes. Did i mention Tortola has a lot of hills? This is the Star Princess in Georgetown.

Second one is the Star Princess at night in San Juan harbor.

Third one is my old work in 2008. McDonnell Douglas, well Boeing now, I worked Final Assy on the C-17 in Long Beach from 90-94, i think the do refits on B-1's there now too.

DSCN0403_edited.jpg

StaratNight2.jpg

OldWork.jpg

-
Back