Traveled to Venus and back today...

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Venus, Texas, that is, near Ft. Worth. It got me to wondering - what are some of the oddball-named places you have been to?

Hell! And yes it was frozen over (colder the **** too), glad i dont live there :twisted:

Gnaw bone Indiana, 84 Pennsylvania, theres a bunch of others(I'm well traveled)but they are'nt coming to mind right now(because I'm getting old)

Venus?
We got Jupiter down here.
Bet there's more than one Mars.

Couple of my favorites down here are "lacoochie" and "Withlacoochie".

I was a big fan of Morrow, OH.
We never actually went "to Morrow", but passed through several times.

Gaylord, Nimrod, Ada, Fertile, Climax, Atkin, Remer, Emily, Money Creek, Looneyville, Lost, all in MN.

Also have Cosmos MN, all the streets are named after planets and stars, Galaxy way etc....also have space rockets on top of their water tower and city signs. Quiet little town too, till they got a nudie bar and it got busted by the Feds for prostitution........

Embarrass, Minnesota - the cold spot of the nation. I was there once when it was 44 below zero. It was too cold to breathe, it hurt. You just waited to breathe until you got somewhere warm.

Dickshooter, Idaho

New Erection, Virginia

Hooker Hole, Louisiana

Loveladies, Dicktown and Buttzville in NJ

Dead Woman Crossing, Oklahoma

Fleatown, Ohio

Dykesville, WI. A girl I know thought, that's where the... well you know.

... Fertile... in MN.

There's also a Fertile in Iowa. I was out on a business trip years ago driving to an RV manufacturer and came up on a country road intersection with signs pointing to different towns. One sign pointed west to "Fertile", another pointed east to "Manly". I briefly considered buying up all the available real estate at the intersection because I figured it just had to be the next big population boom in the state - right in the middle of "Fertile" and "Manly".
BTW, both "Fertile" and "Manly" are just north of "Creamery" - draw your own conclusion.

Yes ma, there really is a road named......................

https://www.google.com/search?num=2...A&biw=1252&bih=606&sei=o-2rT5y7JqqtiQKzxp3OAg

zzyzx-road-sign-400x300-25k-megan-edwards.jpg

-
Back