Tremec 2-3 Shift Issue

-

jerkyboy

Reaction score
Anyone else have problems shifting from second to third, under heavy throttle, with their Tremec five speed?

I do not have one, but know somebody who had one. He pulled it out and put an auto back in the car due to its shifting issues under heavy throttle going from 1-2 and 2-3......

i did a lot of work on my tremec t-56 when i had my truck. it could be shift fork pads that have worn down too much. i know they are plastic and everyone upgrades to bronze. also the blocker ring keys that keep the syncro aligned are stamped and wear out too. getting machined keys will help also. go on tremec and download the manual and you'll be able to see what exactly could be causing it.

i did a lot of work on my tremec t-56 when i had my truck. it could be shift fork pads that have worn down too much. i know they are plastic and everyone upgrades to bronze. also the blocker ring keys that keep the syncro aligned are stamped and wear out too. getting machined keys will help also. go on tremec and download the manual and you'll be able to see what exactly could be causing it.

Found a really good article written by someone with similar issues. He ended up sending the top cover assembly and rear housing to Liberty's Gears and hasn't had a problem since. Here's a link to the article http://www.w8ji.com/tko_600_shifting_problems.htm.

Thanks as always for the speedy replies.

also if you go to thegearbox.org and ddperformance.com they have all the parts available for tremecs i believe.

-
Back