triangulated 4 link Suspension Travel ??

-

76orangewagon

Reaction score
I have a suspension question for some of my fellow tried and true Members, I'm getting ready to build my triangulated 4 link and did a mock up of how I'd like the duster to sit and once I started measured clearances I found that I have 3 1/2" between the frame and axle housing. This car will basically see street use and a occasional trip down the track...So my question is will this be enough clearance without bottoming out ??? the included pic is how the car would look with a 29" tire and the inner circle is to simulate a 15" wheel and the outer clrcle is to simulate a 18" wheel. Thanks for the help on this

Attachments

• duster 016.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 483
Pretty sure my car squads more then 3 1/2" when launched.

dartlaunch-1.jpg

darthighdef.jpg

obviously ......abodyjoe...what you have works...but over the years,I haven't seen a lot of launches like yours...that baby really squats...or maybe you got my mother-in-law hiding in he trunk

Lol.....

Car used to lift like a normal mopar with stock suspension. Once the street lynx went in it squats.

Here it was with a stock suspension.

dartlaunch.jpg

Dont mean to thread jack but that thing leaves like a freakin animal! Im trying to do the same thing but I dont think Im gonna have anywhere close to the power you do Joe. How much power are you making? :shock:

dartlaunch-1.jpg

darthighdef.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Doing the math from the time slip it was only about 350 HP at the rear wheels. Car really launched with that 9 1/2" dynamic converter.

Man Joe, that puppy really humps for a /6. Can't wait to see what she'll do when you get that 273 back in her.

Seriously though, is that Street Lynx system adjustable for how hard it leaves? It's always been my understanding that a drag setup would be different from a roadcourse one. I'm not sure how that works, something about pinion angles and preloading.

yes you can adjust it but its really more for handling. you can move the lower links to a different hole to be batter at the drag strip but then it takes away from handling. pinion angle is an easy adjustment but for me i'm too lazy for that crap..lol. for straight drag strip use there are probably better ways to go., for a dual purpose car that can go into the 11's somewhere the street lynx should work great. there is always a compromise ya know.

nobody really answered the question for you Ross. I'm thinking that 3 1/2 inches would be just fine............ I hope so, I think that's about what I'm going to have! are you going to use any rubber bumpers??

Got a daily driver? Tape a paint stick to the frame rail. Tape a sharpie to the axle. Mark the static (at rest) line and then drive around the neighborhood. It'll give you an idea of how much movement an axle goes through.

Are you going to install some form of bumpstop?

The street lynx changed the instant center of the car.

Moving instant center up or down will cause the car to squat or rise depending on IC location.

It does look good leaving!

The street lynx changed the instant center of the car.

Moving instant center up or down will cause the car to squat or rise depending on IC location.

It does look good leaving!

I always look forward to your input. Or is it your signature? Either way, both are always good. (Although I find myself hypnotized by...well, you know).

Got a daily driver? Tape a paint stick to the frame rail. Tape a sharpie to the axle. Mark the static (at rest) line and then drive around the neighborhood. It'll give you an idea of how much movement an axle goes through.

Are you going to install some form of bumpstop?

around town probably isn't the problem. the occasional trip may be where the problem is.

around town probably isn't the problem. the occasional trip may be where the problem is.

Joe, do you think your's travels more than 3 1/2 inches? I was looking at the stance of your car and then the pic of the hole shot. It looks like not much of the wheel goes into the 1/4? am i wrong?

Pretty sure my car squads more then 3 1/2" when launched.

Don't you want a bit of anti-squat to help plant the tires?? Body lift helps push the axle into the ground...

so whats the deal Mad Dart.. is 3 1/2 enough?

Depends what you are doing I guess. You can raise and lower the shock mount point on the bottom axle bracket and use a different shock to get more if you need it. I think the shocks I used on mine have 5.5" of travel if I recall correctly.

Joe, do you think your's travels more than 3 1/2 inches? I was looking at the stance of your car and then the pic of the hole shot. It looks like not much of the wheel goes into the 1/4? am i wrong?

not sure. I think it does drop thY far. The black wheels are 17" and in the launch pics it has 14" wheels.

Depends what you are doing I guess. You can raise and lower the shock mount point on the bottom axle bracket and use a different shock to get more if you need it. I think the shocks I used on mine have 5.5" of travel if I recall correctly.

got it......

-
Back