Trick Flow 440 engine on e85!

-

73440abody

Reaction score
Hello, I'm nearing completion of my Mopar that will soon be at home in my 73 duster. Just wanted to post this here so others can see what is being done as progress is being made, and so other may also share there experiences along the way. The motor is being built for street and strip and will be run on e85. I have yet to see anyone attempt to run trick flows on e85 and wanted to try something different, so here we are.
Here are a few of the engine specs. For certain reasons I will not disclose all engine specs until after the dyno run.

440 30 over
Hydraulic roller cam
Rpm intake
Pro systems e85 carb
Not a finished calculation but very close to 12 to 1 give or take a tenth
Full msd ignition
IMG_20160809_221157873.jpg

Interesting. As far as posting the specs, how about the details on that camshaft and the carb size?

Quick release alternator.:D

Just an FYI, Ace Hardware carries spacer tubes in different materials, sizes and lengths if you don't have them already.

Interesting. As far as posting the specs, how about the details on that camshaft and the carb size?
My buddy that is helping me build it said he doesn't want me to take any negative criticism for some of the uncharacteristic things where doing so that's why I'm just gonna wait to give full specs until after I dyno. He said let the numbers do the talking.

Quick release alternator.:D

Just an FYI, Ace Hardware carries spacer tubes in different materials, sizes and lengths if you don't have them already.
Yea, lol. Heads need to still come off for pushrods and head gaskets. So the heads are on to get the front dress lined squared away.

I have a pro systems 933cfm E85 carb for my 470.I'm just going to rear wheel dyno it.Hopefully in March

If I'm running a dedicated E85 engine, I'm going to be 12.0:1 compression or more to take full advantage(like the OP is). Got an 505" EFI B1 destined for E85 that's 13.8:1. A smaller/lighter radiator could probably be used too.

This should be an interesting engine. S/F.....Ken M

Sorry guys, been busy with life. I'm working on her as we speak. Heads are torque down, and valve train is being put in as we speak. Looking to maybe get her on the dyno by the end of next week when I get some free time.

Sorry guys, been busy with life. I'm working on her as we speak. Heads are torque down, and valve train is being put in as we speak. Looking to maybe get her on the dyno by the end of next week when I get some free time.
will be interesting to know how a big block mopar likes , or dislikes e85. and how much fuel it uses compared to the gasoline equivalent, price and mileage wise. will it be worth the extra cost and poorer mileage ? I can go either way on mine, by changing the specs on the handheld. I don`t have high compression to take full advantage of it tho.----- keep us up on this !

-
Back