Trick Flow Hydraulic Roller Lifters

-

TheGrateRonzini

Reaction score
E8030A13-9A00-4495-9CE6-1BCD483FD1A8.jpeg
3ED4A845-9A9E-4D52-B9DB-6314EC75E1D8.jpeg
CCAF010A-58A0-4F87-8BAC-C29F571E5FFD.jpeg
265257CC-DFA2-4D1A-9D85-9EA0EF88470A.jpeg
So, I ordered the Trick flow hydraulic roller lifters for my 440 back on October 4th. I received them from Summit this past week. Well, apparently there is no such thing as trick flow roller lifters, because what I got was a set of Howards with TF stickers. The Howards are listed on Summit for like 30$ more than the TFS. Just kind of surprised to see this.

Roll with it. Many house brands are actually the real deal without the stickers.

Trick Flow gets the Howard’s parts at a cheaper price being they are what they are and not us.

I just thought it funny how they put the sticker over the other one. Now I can’t figure out why it took them 3 months to put the sticker on and send them over. They were made in April of 17.

If you dig around a little bit you'll discover that Howard's doesn't make those lifters either. My guess is that they are made by Morel.

As for why it took 3 months to get them I can only guess. Morel might have been out of stock and so everyone just had to wait or there could be some other reason.

If you dig around a little bit you'll discover that Howard's doesn't make those lifters either. My guess is that they are made by Morel.

As for why it took 3 months to get them I can only guess. Morel might have been out of stock and so everyone just had to wait or there could be some other reason.
They are Morels, and not what Trick Flow used to sell. When I got my my backorder, I knew at a glance what they were. I have a shelf full of those lifters, and the oil band is a problem with larger lobe lift cams. It will uncover the lifter galleys and low oil pressure is the result.

They are Morels, and not what Trick Flow used to sell. When I got my my backorder, I knew at a glance what they were. I have a shelf full of those lifters, and the oil band is a problem with larger lobe lift cams. It will uncover the lifter galleys and low oil pressure is the result.
The trick flow cam has decent lift right?

B3RE-so the solution would be to either use another lifter or bush the lifter bore ?

The trick flow cam has decent lift right?
Yes, .400" lobe lift. They said they tested the lifters without a problem, but I used that cam profile in a 440 with Morels, and it had 10 psi warm at idle. Put the previous version of Trick Flow lifters (same as Comps, just less expensive) in the motor, and oil pressure came back to 45 psi warm at idle. If Comp decides to have Morel make their lifters next, we are pretty much out of luck.

B3RE-so the solution would be to either use another lifter or bush the lifter bore ?
Yes, but if you are going through the expense of bushing lifter bores, you might as well put a solid roller in it and make more power.

-
Back