Trick flow intakes?

-

73440abody

Reaction score
Is there any word on if they will be making a dual plane? The single plane looks a little aggressive for my application. Would love to get a trick flow intake to match the heads.

Not that I've heard. I just got my TrickFlow headed 440 on the road last night. Running a Edelbrock performer RPM with the stock hood.

Yea,I was gonna go with the rpm on my 440 as well. How do you like the heads?

Not that I've heard. I just got my TrickFlow headed 440 on the road last night. Running a Edelbrock performer RPM with the stock hood.

That Big Block Edelbrock Performer RPM will fit under the stock hood of a Dart or Cuda, Right ??

That Big Block Edelbrock Performer RPM will fit under the stock hood of a Dart or Cuda, Right ??

It fit on my 71 Swinger. Cant speak for other cars but I have around 1/4 of clearance because thats about how much clay I used to check for clearance and it didn't hit. I used a 1.75 drop with a 2.35 tall K&N filter with the cheapest lid i could find on eBay.

Yea,I was gonna go with the rpm on my 440 as well. How do you like the heads?

As it stands right now...I'm glad I did them but they were a pain to get installed. They are taller than 440Source, RMS, EZ-1 heads. So the already close blower motor is even more in the way (mine is still unbolted and resting on the valve cover). Also, the regular cut to fit pushrods sold my 440Source and Mancini for 440s are still a little short even without being cut. I ended up using the ones I got from Mancini without cutting them and made up the difference with my rockers. Finally, the rocker shaft hold down bolts are all the same length so the standard kits you buy that have 2 longer bolts for the 2nd in perches will be wrong. Talked to 440Soruce about it since I used their hold down kit and they said its a standard kit so they had my buy some allen headed bolts at the hardware store to replace the longer bolts in their kit.

For the rocker shaft stud kit use Trick Flow Part number 61600613 or you can piece it together with ARP individual studs AJ2500-1B and ARP nuts 300-8332 which is a 10 nut package.

For the rocker shaft stud kit use Trick Flow Part number 61600613 or you can piece it together with ARP individual studs AJ2500-1B and ARP nuts 300-8332 which is a 10 nut package.

The TF kit wasnt out when I ordered my stuff. Not sure the price difference but I know after my phone call 440Source is planning on selling a corrected kit for the TFs.

I had to use 2.750 long studs on my Trick Flow heads since I was using the HD style shaft hold downs. The 2.500 long studs might work with a stock stamped hold down?

I had to use 2.750 long studs on my Trick Flow heads since I was using the HD style shaft hold downs. The 2.500 long studs might work with a stock stamped hold down?

I used the hold down clamps that came with the Harland Sharp assembly, 2-1/2" worked perfectly. With the valve lash already adjusted and a lot of lift I can see where another 1/4" would be helpful.

Attachments

• Tim Borrall 440 053.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 258
The 2.750 long studs from ARP have 3/4 inch thread on each end so they screw into the head a fair amount. I didn't have much length left over after using the HD hold down and a thick washer under a tall 12 point nut.

Attachments

• DSC_9472 (Large).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 214
Is there any word on if they will be making a dual plane? The single plane looks a little aggressive for my application. Would love to get a trick flow intake to match the heads.

I wouldn't get caught up in this.

The only way you'll know is on a dyno.

The last thing i'll tell you from my dyno experience is.....

1. I've yet to see a mopar than didn't like more plenum.
2. I've seen single planes out perform duals across the spectrum.

-
Back