trick or treat

-
i jus went outside and drove around my lil r/c car i bought at pepboys it does about 38 mph and the new neighbors were walkin their dog and he decided to chase it and couldn't catch it..lol man am i easily amused

LMAO! :cheers: Did run the car/dog back to them?

Not quite sure if it's Zappa or just some crazy Samoan wrestler :-D That's my wife, she's quite the devil :toothy10: Considering we weren't planning on this it'll do :-D

DSC03218-1.jpg

DSC03221-1.jpg

Okay I hope its done I think I must of had around if not over 400 kids. I'm freaken tired and now I have to start taking down the stuff before is goes missing or the rain hits.

Counted the candy 250 I ate more than I thought lol

I am in Hoover, Alabama (Birmingham suburb) and I had about 50 or so, mostly neighbors. I had candy and gave every kid a glow bracelet (pack of 50 at CVS for $5... and this afternoon were buy one get one free) Interestingly, the Hispanic kids that came only got one piece of candy each, a bracelet, and were one some of a few who said thank you. Most kids get two or three at a time, which is fine since most were bite/fun size pieces. The only AA family that came took handfuls of candy, took several bracelets each, all while the parents were talking to me about how nice the neighborhood is (clever distraction, I thought). Then across the street, the Baker family who had left their candy in a basket got cleaned out on that visit (actually, one piece was left). It was over 1/2 full just before that (a minute or so before, because I had just asked the neighbor's kid down the street who had just been to the Baker's how full it was since the Baker's left me a bag to keep it full while they went out with their 3 year old). The parents were divvying it up into their kid's bags. Sad. Then when they finished at the end of the cul-de-sac, on their way out they started back up my sidewalk. I said "Uh, oh. You've already been here. Y'all be careful. Bye"

I am in Hoover, Alabama (Birmingham suburb) and I had about 50 or so, mostly neighbors. I had candy and gave every kid a glow bracelet (pack of 50 at CVS for $5... and this afternoon were buy one get one free) Interestingly, the Hispanic kids that came only got one piece of candy each, a bracelet, and were one some of a few who said thank you. Most kids get two or three at a time, which is fine since most were bite/fun size pieces. The only AA family that came took handfuls of candy, took several bracelets each, all while the parents were talking to me about how nice the neighborhood is (clever distraction, I thought). Then across the street, the Baker family who had left their candy in a basket got cleaned out on that visit (actually, one piece was left). It was over 1/2 full just before that (a minute or so before, because I had just asked the neighbor's kid down the street who had just been to the Baker's how full it was since the Baker's left me a bag to keep it full while they went out with their 3 year old). The parents were divvying it up into their kid's bags. Sad. Then when they finished at the end of the cul-de-sac, on their way out they started back up my sidewalk. I said "Uh, oh. You've already been here. Y'all be careful. Bye"

We got about 50 kids last night and all those accompanied by parents and/or older siblings at the door were polite, which I liked. All said "thank you" and "Happy Halloween." A few who didn't have adults in sight took the candy and ran, but I chalk that up to what I usually do in the stores with the same kids: can't expect the kids to be polite when the parents are rude, too. I got 'em by saying "you're welcome" to their backs. Which usually elicited a weak "thank you" back over a shoulder at me.
My neighbor had her porch dressed out and was mindful of her bucket: "take one!" While her late teen son hid behind the furniture and jumped out at the older trick or treaters. What a blast watching the kids running down the street screaming and laughing!

My oven man Richard the Pimp invited me to my first Halloween party since high school, and it was a BIG one (probably over a hundred people at any given time). Billy didn't go due to a hurt back but reported he didn't have a single trick-or-treater :-( ... that's normal for out here in the sticks, but imagine that -- the candy bowl was still pretty dang empty!

With me, it was "Treat or TRICK???"

View attachment 107531

Lord I need some sleep. At least I looked the part of the old tired hooker. LOL

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!!!

Here's my 3yr old its the first one she has been able to go out trick or treating.

That is a super costume WOW......I hope she got lots of treats on her first time trick or treating. :thumbup:

-
Back