TrickFlow heads. 2.05 or 2.08 intake valves.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I pretty much wasted a shop day measuring intake valves trying to locate and decide which valve size to go with. It’s a lot of extra work for little payoff on an Edelbrock head stepping up to a 2.08 valve and making it payoff but that’s starting with a 170cc head and hand porting to a 195cc runner. Now I’m at a advertised 190cc runner and I’m going to weld up the pushrod pinch to open it up some more. The biggest issue I found today is the TrickFlow head uses a valve that is .200 over an already .100 over length valve size on our Edelbrock heads. I guess maybe I will do some welding, grinding, and flow testing with one of my 2.05 Edelbrock valves and see where I’m at. Hmmm I’m working to hard at doing nothing.

The big plus in my book about the nice long valves in the TF’s is the heads facilitate a 2” installed height for decent roller springs.

Will there be flow loss from shrouding from a bigger valve? Sometimes bigger valves in some engines become self defeating....

Looking forward to the results of your hard work, hoping you post some pictures along with the results.
Will you need an offset rocker if you take away the pinch ?

Will there be flow loss from shrouding from a bigger valve? Sometimes bigger valves in some engines become self defeating....

My small block fixture on my flowbench measures 4.010 so I know that a 2.08 valve test good because I’ve been in the 320 plus cfm area with a 2.08 valve. I run my blocks at 4.030-4.040.

Look forward to the results you always have interesting and informative posts

Start with a 2.05 and if you don’t like the numbers try a 2.08.

Watching this thread so I know what to do to my head's next year. Thanks John

Watching this thread so I know what to do to my head's next year. Thanks John

No problem guys. I enjoy it more than ever but I’ve gotten lazy over the last two years. Old age, Covid, 5 month infection, cold weather, out of shape, and to much phone time. Hopefully when this weather breaks I can go get a Cortisone shot in both knees so I can get walking and drop some weight. Pretty sure I found the 2.05 valves but I want to locate 2,08 valves before I go to crazy. I only want to buy one set as I can’t use them on anything else.

No problem guys. I enjoy it more than ever but I’ve gotten lazy over the last two years. Old age, Covid, 5 month infection, cold weather, out of shape, and to much phone time. Hopefully when this weather breaks I can go get a Cortisone shot in both knees so I can get walking and drop some weight. Pretty sure I found the 2.05 valves but I want to locate 2,08 valves before I go to crazy. I only want to buy one set as I can’t use them on anything else.
That's a lot going on! if I went through that I wouldn't worry about being lazy hell I'd be lucky to have enough energy to make my own dinner LOL

-
Back