tried to save scamp from crusher

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
this is sad , i was driving to work past the local auto crushers and spotted a complete scamp in decent shape sitting by the scales. i talked to the secretary and tried to buy it. they wouldnt even let me buy any parts off from it. she said once it has gone over the scales thats it, end of story. they wouldnt even take my phone number just in case the owner of the crushers, who is a (ford) car guy could see it clear to let me save an old car. what a waste. why would someone drop the car off there without trying to sell it first?

Because they are soulless cretins that are only interested in quick, easy, bucks.

Go there at night with a roll-back wrecker and steal it !!

You might not have a title, but if you stripped it of all parts and cut up the good body sections,then leave what is left (thin strips of rust surrounded by large expanses of open air) back at the scale, you will be doing Mopardom a favor...........
If you get caught, I will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

i imagine it will be gone by the time i get out of work today. if not, i have thought about doing a midnight run to check it out and maybe liberate some parts.

I have a buddy who is big into Mopars.

He crushed more muscle cars in the 80's that you can shake a stick at.

Yes, he regrets it now.

That guy is PURE EVIL!!!I'm lucky to know a guy who has a yard full of old cars. I'd imagine theres around a hundred.Unfortunately BC with its harsh winters, and logging trucks all over the place, alot of these cars are really rusted.

I have purchased cars at the crushers around here. Some places here wont let you, some will.

I would sit down with the owner and find out how much they paid for the car and then make him a offer

That guy is PURE EVIL!!!I'm lucky to know a guy who has a yard full of old cars. I'd imagine theres around a hundred.Unfortunately BC with its harsh winters, and logging trucks all over the place, alot of these cars are really rusted.

Where are you in BC?

It's a shame that those heartless bastards would do that. Most will sell you whatever you want but some you just can't convince for some reason. I don't want to hijack this post but I managed to save a pretty rare A-body one day by shear luck. I was going to a local wrecking yard and couldn't find a parking place anywhere close so I had to drive around the block on a side street to park. I then cut through an adjacent yard to take a shortcut back to the main street. In that adjacent yard there was a line of cars waiting for the crusher and the loader was busy doing just that. I looked down the line and couldn't believe my eyes! 3rd in line to be smashed was a '68 Barracuda Fastback. I got the loader operators attention and told him to leave that one alone and that I was going to talk with his boss about buying the car. I did just that and got it for $200.00 (this was quite a few years ago!). I then went back to inspect what I had just bought and found on closer inspection that it was a 383 Formula S 4 speed car! I hauled it to work and found that it ran and drove too! It just amazes me what some people will scrap. The other side of the coin is that some people will put 1000's into restoring a rusted out Yugo so go figure....
Mark

Justin, you probably talked to the wrong girl in there. The uglier daughter is a real *****. I have seen them sell cars after they have gone over the scales. Should have pulled in the back side and asked the guy that brought the car in. People are crushing everything aroung here. Cars are $200/ton right now and are going up today.

monday afterwork there were about 30 trucks lined up along the road waiting to go over the scale. next time i will stop instead of calling.

I was told by a large wrecking yard that in the state of Georgia the wrecking yard would have to be registered as a used car dealer to allow you to buy whole cars.

But I can say that I have bought a whole car from a smaller wrecking yard/junk yard and, in Georgia, all you need on a car older than 1986 is a bill of sale to register it so it can be done. Maybe the larger yard just would rather crush it than hassle with it.

I even asked Pull-A-part to sell me the car as 3000 pounds of scrap metal. They still said no.

Nothing hurts worse than seeing a good car get scrapped.

Could have been a Cash-For-Clunkers car. Some yards are not even bothering to strip what they can from them because of the paperwork...They have to prove the cars were destroyed

Could have been a Cash-For-Clunkers car. Some yards are not even bothering to strip what they can from them because of the paperwork...They have to prove the cars were destroyed

It couldn't have been a cash for clunkers car, only post '84 cars were eligible. Still pretty lame. Some yards won't sell them because they don't want to deal with the paperwork. Makes you wonder how many have been crushed...

-
Back