Trim for 1969 swinger

-

darinou812

Reaction score
I have a 1969 dart 340 swinger. I bought it as a basket case. Did many swingers come with rocker molding? Mine has the holes, but I don't have the molding. Does anyone have a good picture of the correct molding?

Heres one i dug off the internet, Moulding sales code M25, and narrow sill mouldings M27.

Attachments

• 69 swinger.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 159
Same trim came on the GTS in 68 if that helps. These trim pieces are not easy to find.

Here is the molding you need, Goodluck they are kinda a pain to locate.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 170
I always thought the rocker moldings were just for the GTS's... I personally havent seen a Swinger with rocker moldings, but im guessing it was an option?

I tend to agree with Bill on this one. Perhaps what you have is actually a GTS?

I tend to agree with Bill on this one. Perhaps what you have is actually a GTS?

Thats what im wondering as well.. I mean I suppose its possible that rocker moldings were an available option on a 69 340 Swinger... but I have never seen one..

Does not mean that they could not have been added. My 68 Dart is not a GTS but it has the molding that he is talking about. I am pretty sure that the molding was added to my car.

Just has to wear the code they are much more Common on GTSs than Swinger 340s.
My GTS wasn't coded for em but still carries the LS23P9 vin prefix and fendertag with matching hidden numbers.

Check your VIN for LM23P9 or LS23P9

My '69 340 Swinger had rocker moldings original from the factory when I bought it in November 1969. The only changes the original owner had done were a wooden Grant steering wheel and Cragar S/S wheels. Still had the original factory whitewall tires on the Cragars.
Classic Industries is selling repopped versions of this molding: PN MN1431
Here's a link to their catalog page: http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/mn1431.html

Thanks for all the info. I don't have the fender tag with me, but my vin# LM23P9E and I found the M25 code written down on a piece of paper. It's also is a B7 blue, 4 speed car. I will get my fender tag.

My 73 swinger has the rocker trim from factory as well and it is not a 340 just a slant swinger and in the code book it is called vallience trim

-
Back