Trim or no Trim?

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On a 1971 Swinger there is a stainless moulding on the door glass and the quarter glass(see photo) My 1970 Swinger only has stainless moulding on the quarter glass only.My question is did factory add the extra moulding for the 71 model year?

71 DOOR GLASS2.jpg

Good question. Are you referring to the stainless along the top rubber seal where the window closes into? On my 71 Demon (fastback I know) the stainless trim that I am referring to is what the rubber fits into and without it, I don't know how the rubber would be installed? Maybe add another picture of your car so we can compare the two and see what you are referring to...

The one on the back of the window? I have a set of '70 doors that have the trim as well as my '69 does too.

I am reffering to where the door glass and the quarter glass meet when you close the door. On my 70 only the quarter glass has the stainless trim and rubber seal mounted to the edge of the glass .The door glass has no trim or seal mounted to the edge of glass. The picture I posted is one online I found (not my car) showing both the door and the quarter glass have trim mounted to them. My 70 has trim only on the quarter glass,the door glass is bare.

-
Back