Trim removal help

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
Any tips on how to take off:

1) chrome drip rail trim w/o wrecking it? How is it held on?
drip rail.jpg

drip rail 2.jpg

2) rear 1/4 window outter channel rubber? I can see the tip of a few clips but it doesn't look straightforward. Do the tips of the clip (foreground in pic below) get bent 90 degrees to allow the rubber to slide inwards??
quarter window channel weather stripping 2.jpg

quarter window channel weather stripping.jpg

Never done this but im curious too.. Just In Case!!!

Wish I Could Help!

Cerwin

On the drip rail, I start by taking that corner off with my fingers from the bottoms. If you can with you bare hands only, roll the trim from the bottom of the drip rail up. The bottom of the trim has a smaller lip than the top. If you just can`t get it started with your fingers you can use a small screwdriver placed in the end. Make sure you don`t get outside what the corner will cover. Once you get it started it`s just a matter of rolling it off the bottom of the lip and proceed from the front to back. The window trim will have clips every few inches that are pushed down into slots. You basically should pull straight up on the trim.Once you get the first one unclipped they go a little easier. Just be careful and patient and avoid using metal tools as much as possible. HTH.

-
Back